Yale Locks Now Available for Pre-Order!

[url=http://www.asihome.com/ASIshop/index.php?manufacturers_id=312]http://www.asihome.com/ASIshop/index.php?manufacturers_id=312[/url]

We are currently expecting them into the warehouse on 7/20/11.

Any updates on this? The site still says “We are currently expecting these into our warehouse on 7/20/11.”

Gokeyless.com has the product set for a ‘September release’

What makes these Yale lock different than the kwikset or schlage?

AFIK if you have multiple locks you can have them all re keyed quite easily so they all take the same key… as long as they are all Schlage. In my case I have a Schlage lever lock and all of the other locks and going to also become Schlage so I only have to carry one key for the house. I’m not going to fork out $100+ for a z-wave lock on the basement door when I can get in through the front or side with a PIN. And my key chain is big enough as it is.

[quote=“Intrepid, post:4, topic:168622”]What makes these Yale lock different than the kwikset or schlage?[/quote]Same concept. Different design. I’m curious to know how the noise level compares to Kwikset.

main difference; schlage does not have the motorized deadbolt.

Yale locks are now in-stock.

This looks great. Does anyone have experience with this lock?

[quote=“ASIHome, post:8, topic:168622”]Yale locks are now in-stock.[/quote]Have you installed/tested one?
If so:

• Do they work properly with Vera?
  • How loud are they compared to Kwikset?

Thanks!

Here’s a video of the touchscreen model:

And it talks to you.

[quote=“PurdueGuy, post:10, topic:168622”][quote=“ASIHome, post:8, topic:168622”]Yale locks are now in-stock.[/quote]Have you installed/tested one?
If so:

• Do they work properly with Vera?
  • How loud are they compared to Kwikset?

Thanks![/quote]

I received mine yesterday, MUCH better build quality than the Schlage and more secure. I don’t know how loud the quickset is but this lock is on par with a hotel e-Deadbolt. It’s working fine with my Vera

It’s on sale for $219 now. Just bought one

So the outside looks pretty good–what’s the inside look like? Can someone who has one post a photo?

–Richard

[quote=“rlmalisz, post:14, topic:168622”]So the outside looks pretty good–what’s the inside look like? Can someone who has one post a photo?

–Richard[/quote]
Haven’t found any pictures of the inside either. Doesn’t look like this is Kwikset SmartKey capable right? The keyway is a KW1 (optional SC1), but no reference to SmartKey.

I bought one and just found out you can order the schlage core or a kwikset core. I think by default they are shipped with a Kwikset core. They seem like nice locks.

We will have the different barrel styles up later today.

Could you please elaborate? You mean that the cylinder can be replaced so it can be keyed for a Schlage or Kwikset key?

I should let ASI answer, but I talked to them this morning and just bought the Schlage core for mine. It shipped by default with the Kwikset core and I have Baldwin (Schlage) locks everywhere else. Tried to convince my wife it would be ok, but she wasn’t buying it :slight_smile: … So the answer is yes it can now be re-keyed to match my Baldwin locks with the Schlage core.

I thought Kwikset and Baldwin were related ???

See also: http://www.bdhhi.com/