x-10

I guess I waited to long. My understanding is vera supports the 2412U PowerLinc Modem for interfacing with x-10. I have been looking for one of these online but it seems to be discontinued. does the 2413U or 2414U work as a direct replacement?

Or What do I need to buy to make x-10 work? and where can I get it?

The 2412U does work with Vera and has been discontinued but only recently, so you might get lucky to keep searching.
The 2413U is the replacement but I can’t confirm if it works reliably with Vera.
The 2414U as of today ver 1.1.1086 will not work with Vera.

JOD.

it’s more hoops to jump through but you can also buy the serial version(model number escapes me at the moment but it’s in a thread around here someplace…) and find a usb-serial adapter that works with vera.

there’s a pile of threads and a wiki page with known working usb-serial adapters.

Looks like that part number would be 2412S which also looks discontinued. I have searched high and low and don’t see either supported device for sale on the internet. Anyone have any leads/suggestions on where to get a supported x-10 device? Anyone want to part with one? Sad since it looks like the x-10 support seems to be working better now.

Thanks for the quick replies confirming my worst fears.

[quote=“JOD, post:2, topic:166741”]The 2412U does work with Vera and has been discontinued but only recently, so you might get lucky to keep searching.
The 2413U is the replacement but I can’t confirm if it works reliably with Vera.
The 2414U as of today ver 1.1.1086 will not work with Vera.

JOD.[/quote]
Just tried the 2413U today. Had no luck with UI2 (996 firmware), but having success with UI4 with this device. I am only controlling X10 light switches, but so far (the last 2 hours) it is working reliably and it seems to work within scenes as well. Keep in mind that if someone turns off the light switch manually, it does not change the status to “Off” on Vera (at least on the version of the firmware I currently have - .1047).

yovinman,
That sounds encouraging. Please update this post if you test the 2413u with the next beta 1.1.086 or greater. Thanks for adding to the discussion.

Can someone from MicasaVerde comment on future of x-10 support relating to the officially supported module being discontinued?