Write Vera Event to Calendar

I have successfully installed GCal and have two google Calendars running, “Travel” and “VeraEvents”.

The Travel Calendar allows Vera to be aware when I am away from home on a trip and works fine.

The VeraEvent Calendar also works to tell Vera about some action I want to do based on the calendar. But the real purpose is to allow Vera to record items in the Google Calendar. But I am unable to get it to do so as yet. I’ve perused the documents and I don’t see an explanation of how to do this so I tried the “brute force” plug-n-play method, do something and see if it worked. So far nothing.

One of the things I tried was in PLEG the GCAL exposes something called “AddEvent” which I hoped would simply “add the event” to the associated calendar.So I tried something very simple, to add the Vera Alarm Armed event when the PLEG indicates the alarm has been armed. Silly me, it doesn’t do that.

So can someone help me to sort out how to take an event in Vera and write it to the associated calendar? I know its going to end up being stupid simple but I don’t see it :slight_smile:

Take a look at the release notes for V 1.2. There is a link that will help.

Thanks. Its a neat capability but I would observe that there a lot of folks, probably including me, who would like to use this capability but who will not be able to sort through writing event specific LUUP to do this for each event.

I have posted on Vera Alerts about adding a GCAL “profile” for VA

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,34834.0.html

In the meantime I will try to find time to sort through it.

I agree that its fussy. When I get some time I’ll look at making a companion app but probably it is better to be incorporated into some other app that’s focused on alerts.

It’s a trade off on UI, usability and trying to keep the size of an app under control.

[quote=“Stuart, post:4, topic:189729”]I agree that its fussy. When I get some time I’ll look at making a companion app but probably it is better to be incorporated into some other app that’s focused on alerts.

It’s a trade off on UI, usability and trying to keep the size of an app under control.[/quote]

I raised this question with Richard Schaefer who developed Vera Alerts and he reminded me that Alerts has a “Forwarding” mode that you might be able to make use of to tie alerts to the calendar