Wireless alarm that integrates with Vera?

Hi just wondering if there’s an alarm with a wireless keypad that’ll integrate with Vera as our unit is double brick is love a dsc 1864 or 1832 but if wiring into brick is too difficult do you know if either that IS possible or if a wireless pad exists?

Cheers
Tom

[quote=“thomen, post:1, topic:171310”]Hi just wondering if there’s an alarm with a wireless keypad that’ll integrate with Vera as our unit is double brick is love a dsc 1864 or 1832 but if wiring into brick is too difficult do you know if either that IS possible or if a wireless pad exists?

Cheers
Tom[/quote]

@thomen I looked and tried with a GE Simon XT (has a zwave/GSM inteface) This was not good… I have ended up with an Elk system but AFAIK there is no wireless keypad… BUT… If you are fully integrated with Vera then you can disarm and arm via Vera; then there are smartphone phone interfaces, the ability to disarm via a lock set (like Yale/Kwickset or Schlage). Which in essence gives you the ability to act wirelessly… Just a thought…

Also most alarm panels now have wireless keyfobs to arm and disarm. I rarely use my keypad now for anything except programming, so you could mount this near to your panel I guess.

I either arm or disarm from within SQ remote, use the keyfob, or use some form of automation for disarming (Kwicket lock PIN code etc)

Thanks for the reply guys…
sorry i should clarify!
what i meant was an alarm keypad which doesn’t need wires running back to the alarm box itself… as the unit has double brick walls to get an alarm guy to drill in to brick to run cables for the keypad might be tricky methinks?

I’m more than happy to have the dsc lockbox with the envisalink inside etc… it’s just running the wires from that lockbox to the keypad on the wall might be difficult through brick… is there some kind of wireless keypad which can talk to the unit inside the lock box and then i still just use the 2ds to integrate with vera?

There are no wireless keypads available for the DSC PowerSeries panels. They are all wired. Most if not all of the alarm systems that integrate with vera use a keypad that is wired to the panel. I was looking for the same thing and ended up just running the wire to where I needed it for the keypad.

• Garrett

Maybe the alternative is to consider a short run between the panel and an wireless enabled keypad and use key fob to arm and disarm. Wireless devices work well; especially the key fobs.

Exactly. I’m set up the same way (panel + RF pad near each other, plus fob) for now, and it’s working fine.