Window/door sensor showing up in UI4 as a 'motion detector'

How do I get Vera to recognize my window/door sensor as an open/closed status as opposed to a motion controller?
It’s the same Hawkins, battery powered unit, that most seem to post about in the forums.

Thanks, -jm

Even though they show up as motion controllers they still work. I have 6 of these and all work fine in UI4. Just rename the device.

I have the same problem with my Aeon Labs Door/window sensor. It was detected as a “motion sensor”.
While this is not a huge problem (the sensor works just fine), it is annoying that in iVera the sensor doesn’t show in the “windows” section, but in the “sensors” section.

Is there any way of fixing this ? Can a sensor type be altered after it has been configured ? Would an exclude / re-include cycle work ?

Lots of questions…

Frederik.

All the sensors are pretty much the same - motion sensor, door/window sensor, even water leak sensor. They just trigger an event - a message to Vera that something happened. And they are processed the same in Vera.

Some more detail on the sensors:
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=2573.msg11261#msg11261

There is a DEVICE_CATEGORY_DOOR_LOCK (id 7), but no DEVICE_CATEGORY_DOOR_SENSOR …

So all you can do is ask the author of your software to map ManufacturerInfo / urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveDevice1 to one of the types supported by your software.

Edit:
It might be possible to map your device to a door sensor via zwave_products_user.conf (see http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/ZWave_Debugging#Custom_device_types_or_names_based_on_Z-Wave_ID.27s).

Someone did something about this “problem” ?

[quote=“denix, post:4, topic:167228”]All the sensors are pretty much the same - motion sensor, door/window sensor, even water leak sensor. They just trigger an event - a message to Vera that something happened. And they are processed the same in Vera.

Some more detail on the sensors:
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=2573.msg11261#msg11261[/quote]

I can understand a motion sensor needing just one type of event, but the reason we have door open sensors is to indicate the door is open correct.
In the Schlage manual it says that it sends open/closed status. So why isnt the vera handling it this way instead of keeping it in bit form (Tripped=0 etc)
I have seen so many posts where people are understandably confused about this. How is Nexia able to handle this by default and and why is it so complex to get the simplest of needs of having a door sensor ? I dont care if the water sensor works this way, I dont want to know when there is no water :slight_smile:

I downloaded the PLEG but still dont see the reasoning why it is so complicated. I dont need to be running a custom program/trigger/LUUP or whatever for a very basic need. I dont need lights on/off, I dont need auto close of door when open.

I dread to think what notification options there will be for the Schlage Deadbolt, which was the only reason I went for the Vera

I know, very well, thank you for your advice
ip camera

A door sensor would definitely have some logic in it that knows when it is pressing against the magnet or not, right - in other words if the circuit is closed or open.
I dont understand how that then would translate to tripped and not tripped.
If we set a trigger for not tripped in 3 minutes, how can we tell whether that was when it was closed or open ?

Thing have changed since two years ago when this thread was started. Your Schlage sensors didn’t even exist then. Next time, start a new thread.

For your Schlage sensor go to the devices Advanced tab and change these two fields:

Device type: urn:schemas-micasaverde-com:device:DoorSensor:1
Device file: D_DoorSensor1.xml