Will VeraSecure support the z-wave Security 2 (S2) framework?

April 2nd, 2017 has come and gone and all products wanting to become Z-Wave certified after April 2nd, 2017 require support for the z-wave Security 2 (S2) framework in order to become Z-Wave certified. Has anyone heard if the VeraSecure will have support the z-wave Security 2 (S2) framework?

Wave Alliance Announces New Security Requirements for All Z-Wave Certified IoT Devices
http://z-wavealliance.org/z-wave-alliance-announces-new-security-requirements-z-wave-certified-iot-devices/

I just went through some of vera’s filings, VeraSecure received its z-wave certification on March 29th, 2017 for U.S.,Canada and Mexico. The supported command classes and the controlled command classes both list security v1 only. Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong but in English this means VeraSecure does not support z-wave Security 2. It is my understand that controllers can be backward compatible supporting security v1 and security v2 but devices that use security v2 will not be backward compatible to controllers that only supporting security v1. If I’m going to buy a new controller I would like to keep it for a few years so for VeraSecure not to be support security v2 seems odd to me so I hope I’m wrong? Eaton is coming out with some new battery powered z-wave switches that look good and will take the place of a standard light switch in August. . . . . . . . . I was wanting to buy a few but they are security v2 only :frowning:

Sorin M. posted here http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,52086.msg334410.html#msg334410

“We are working with Sigma, the manufacturer of the Z-wave chip to bring the newest framework to Vera, which also adds support to S2 Security framework.”

So Security 2 doesn’t require a hardware update and can be implemented with a firmware update?!

Sometimes the Vera Firmware update includes a flash update to the z-wave chip, they have done this before, so yes, entirely possible to add the new support. the flash to the z-wave chip comes from Sigma who is the supplier for Vera and is bundled in the firmware update.