Will this do what I need?

Hey all,

I have tried to find out what the purpose of this plugin in the hope of finding out if this will do what I want, but I have come up empty. What I have read so far leads me to believe that it might, so here is what I want to do…

I have one media server which is Plex, and I have multiple devices which are used to play media from the server. I would like Vera to know which player is playing something from the server, and then be able to set scenes up so that certain scenes will play out dependant on which player is being played. Is it this plugin that will help me achieve this? Do I need to create multiple DLNA Media Controllers in Vera for each individual player?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Anyone?

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

No one using this plugin anymore?

Yes this plugin can of course help you.
Yes you will need one device for each player.

Thanks heaps mate! That is what I thought, but I’m new at this. I couldn’t find instructions, so thought I would ask all you who have been doing this for a while :slight_smile: thanks again

Note that the plugin will get information from renderers. All players are not available as renderers.

OK, I think I know what you’re saying… I use Plex as my server which runs on my always on computer. I watch Plex media through my Xbox One, Xbox 360 and a Samsung TV. They should all work together, right?