Will Alexa be able to read values from Vera?

Hi,
I saw here that eventually Alexa might be able to tell if a lamp is on or off, if a door is open or not, etc. I look forward to that!

My question is if anyone knows if it (soon) will be possible to read values from Vera, such as temperatures and wind speed?

In my case, I have a Vaisala wind sensor (https://www.vaisala.com/en/products/instruments-sensors-and-other-measurement-devices/weather-stations-and-sensors/wm30) that is connected to a dedicated controller, which I currently query every 10 seconds via HTTP. It gives wind speed and wind direction, both current and averages over 3/60/600 seconds.

What I would like to do, is to ask Alexa “what is the current wind speed” etc, and have her access this information and read it to me. That would be cool!

Thus far, I’ve created a Generic Sensor, into which I update the readings every 10 seconds, like this:
luup.variable_set(“urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:GenericSensor1”,“WindDirection”, winddir, 227)
That seems to work just fine.

The problem is both that Alexa does not recognize that device type (it is neither a switch nor a dimmer), and that I have not found a way to “return a value to Alexa” from a Scene, which would be a nice alternative, as scenes are detected by Alexa.

Does anyone have input about the Alexa-Vera roadmap, or suggestions as how I could accomplish this?

Thanks!