WiFi on Vera Plus (Resolved)

So, after installing everything, one may assume that you can turn veraplus wifi off?

Yup, that’s what I’ve done. Turned off the VeraPlus WiFi 'coz it’s not offering anything for my needs. I don’t have any WiFi home automation devices; all ZWave.

For my VeraPlus connectivity, I blew the dust off an old TP-Link TL-WA860RE (WiFi range extender) and installed it in the Office. This is where my Vera is more centrally located to all of the ZWave devices it controls, but where I don’t yet have an ethernet cable run. The range extender connects to my usual GregsWifi access point and rebroadcasts a GregsWifi_Office. It also provides for a single ethernet port, which I use to connect my VeraPlus. So now I effectively have WiFi connectivity to my VeraPlus (as I had with my Vera 3 without resorting to tricks), and I can carry around my VeraPlus (tethered to the range extender) if need be. It’ll be nice when Vera finally enables the capability for the VeraPlus to directly connect to my access point, but this is a workable circumvention for me.

Greg

New Firmware out but still no WiFi connectivity for VeraPLus. This sucks!!!

Get used to it. Plus has been out for along time and been promised since it was released. See the other post you already made this comment in.

[size=2][/size][quote=“Peren, post:43, topic:191130”][size=2][/size]New Firmware out but still no WiFi connectivity for VeraPLus. This sucks!!![/quote][quote=“John M.”][font=verdana][font=Verdana]
Hello there,

Actually client mode for VeraPlus has made it’s way in yesterday’s release.

• WiFi client for Vera Plus/G450

[url=https://goo.gl/r4iuQT]https://goo.gl/r4iuQT[/url]
[/font][/font][/quote]

Not in the documentation but I tested it on my old Vera Edge and it seems to work as well.

I’ve managed that by making a short cable with plug on the one side and free wires on the other side. Whenever I need to include new in-wall device, I first connect it to that cable and then plug in near Vera to make inclusion.

But lacking of WiFi client mode is a problem anyway since a lot issues may happen, like reset and a need of re-including some already installed in-wall device, or a need to remove-include procedure due to change of device’s configuration settings or adding new sub-components to it (some devices need such procedure, i.e. after attaching additional temperature sensor or changing settings for external switch attached to the device).

At my home I have furthest device c.a. 150m (500ft) from the controller and no possibility to install anything in between (no buildings, no power line). This can be managed if I move controller to one side of the house and use z-wave repeater at remote location, while router is in other side of the house. The router is connected to external antenna, so I can’t move it easily. Without WiFi client mode I would have to pass Ethernet cable across the whole house to make it work (fortunately I have Edge model).

[font=verdana][size=1em][glow=red,2,300]Starting with firmware Version 7.0.21 ▾ June 19, 2017. Wifi client mode has been enabled in VeraPlus : [url=https://goo.gl/r4iuQT]https://goo.gl/r4iuQT[/url][/glow][/size][/font]

If there are any other issues to report on the same matter, don’t hesitate to contact our CC team or open a dedicated topic.

Hi,
I’ve vera plus with latest firmware 1.7.5186 (7.31)
and it seams that i can’t connect my vera plus to my home wifi.
did they removed that option?
if not how i can connect my vera plus to my home wifi so i can put it in a centralized place where i don’t have network cable?

thx

Under Settings—>Network & Wi-Fi, scroll down to “How does Vera connect to the Internet?” and select the “Through a Wi-Fi access point” radio button. Follow the instructions to connect Vera to your Wi-Fi network.

it doesn’t seams to work. has anyone manage to do it with the latest firmware?

It only works if your wifi has a fixed channel, at this point I can only imagine that they really really don’t care…