Why is there always something wrong with Vera?

It seems like if I don’t bother logging into the device and just use 3rd parties apps to control it like Imperihome I’m fine. But as soon as I need to do something and log into it, I find a crap loads of issues.

1. I just realized that my T-Stat is stuck at 70 degrees, the moment I change it it would go back to 70 immediately.
  2. Previous I had 20 something devices automatically created from my HEM, I was able to remove them all and now they’re back.
  3. 1 of my Foscam camera wouldn’t load, keep on saying that I have the wrong PW. No I don’t!
  4. Tried to remove a few apps and devices to lighten up Vera but it keep on coming back, IE Imperihome device, Virtual Switch and along with everything on #2.

Does HA has to be this involving or is it just Vera?

I know this sounds a little like I’m whining but I’m also asking for a solution.

If you actually want help then you’ll need to indicate which Vera UI/firmware version you are using, which browser you are using, what devices you are having issues with, and any other important details specific to the problem. You should also specify the problem and probably break multiple problems into separate posts in their respective forum categories.

[quote=“dannieboiz, post:1, topic:186308”]1. I just realized that my T-Stat is stuck at 70 degrees, the moment I change it it would go back to 70 immediately.[/quote]Does this occur only within the web interface or are you saying that changing the temperature on the thermostat, or in ImperiHome changes back to 70?..

The T-stat is now displaying any numbers at the moment… imperihome is reading 0.0 but the current indoor temp appears correct. I’m going to shut vera and the Tstat down and let it sync back up to see what happen.

I’m using Chrome, UI7 firmware 1.7.481

also noticed a new firmware, i’m going to update to that to see how it goes.

[quote=“dannieboiz, post:3, topic:186308”]The T-stat is now displaying any numbers at the moment… imperihome is reading 0.0 but the current indoor temp appears correct. I’m going to shut vera and the Tstat down and let it sync back up to see what happen.

I’m using Chrome, UI7 firmware 1.7.481

also noticed a new firmware, i’m going to update to that to see how it goes.[/quote]What kind of thermostat? Make and model?

Remember that no one here knows what you have or what your use case is or what lead up to the “failure”. You’ll get better help if you paint a clear and complete verbal picture of the situation. There’s no need to write a novel as a few do, but more information is better.

Updating the firmware as a sledge hammer attempt to resolve multiple issues is likely to make your situation worse.

sorry, been staring @ the vera screen for too long :frowning:

Honeywell YTH8320ZW1007/U

If the Honeywell YTH8320ZW1007/U has a blank screen(not displaying any numbers) then either it has no power or it has died/failed.

Make sure that the A/C is providing it with power.

While the thermostat is in this state, I would expect Vera to keep “reverting” setting changes, in Vera’s GUI, as the thermostat would not respond to Vera commands.

No the TStat itself is on and can be controlled at the station. The T-STat in Vera is showing blank controls Imperihome is showing accurate numbers but I’m still unable to change the temperature.

[quote=“dannieboiz, post:7, topic:186308”]No the TStat itself is on and can be controlled at the station. The T-STat in Vera is showing blank controls Imperihome is showing accurate numbers but I’m still unable to change the temperature.[/quote]I didn’t get that from your previous description.

If you choose Poll Now from the device advances settings screen, does it get better?

Tried that but get error, tried on a few other devices and it’s too throwing errors. Vera is showing “please wait” on top of the screen. I’m gonna give it sometime to see if that message goes away then I’ll pull the plug to see how it goes. Then I’m probably going to factory reset it

Factory reset sounds like a plan. Problem is if you restore you might bring the problem back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do you have any special characters in your foscam password? That was my problem, I had @ in password that didn’t work…

Regards

factory reset didn’t work, called tech support and the tech spent 2 hours working on my device. judging by the look of what he was doing, I believe a file was corrupted in my device. He reflashed and restored and was able to get things to come back online.

This isn’t the 1st time something like this happen in the past couple of months except last time I did most of the work itself when my VL would not boot.

While I do appreciate that tech support is helpful, I still think this is way too unstable to rely on as a HA and especially those that have this somehow tied to their alarms.

Foscam never came back, all my cams have the same PW and no special characters tried removing and reinstalling no go.

If security is a major concern, hardware the security part of the system. I have had numerous video issues over the last eight months since I installed the system with only one cam. The cam continuously connects and disconnects. It also shifts IP addresses, and I can’t control that on the current cable router I have.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk