Why is my Vera showing 118 Schlage lock icons?

I recently discovered that my Vera 1 unit shows over 100 icons for Schlage locks that do not exist in my home layout. Rather, I only own a single Schlage.

Why are they multiplying? I recall seeing other posts about this, but Search isn’t turning anything up for me (so sorry if this is a redundant post).

Ever since “upgrading” Vera to UI3 (I think) - which is the lamest UI I’ve ever witnessed - about a year ago, I stopped caring much about Vera (who otherwise works fine unattended), discontinued upgrading, lost interest in Z-Wave, and even got out of the habit of visiting this forum. Miss you guys! (Looks like I’m still listed on the Leaderboard!)

What’s the latest UI? I need to find/download something less lame than what I’m using. Did MCV EVER actually get more robust X10 interoperability going? Yeah, gave up on waiting for that, too.

THANKS for any guidance on the “lock rabbits” issue, above!

• Libra

I spent the afternoon clicking each ‘bogus’ lock icon, then clicking the wastebasket (“Trash”) symbol…
“Are you sure you want to delete this device?”
YES
…wait…
Nope, still there. I’ve probably done about 200 attempts. I’ve even tried looking for a “Remove dead node” button under the new UI, but don’t see one.

Any help here? Thanks. (Am about to update my profile to reflect my updated VERA 1 firmware .1338)

[quote=“LibraSun, post:2, topic:169057”]I spent the afternoon clicking each ‘bogus’ lock icon, then clicking the wastebasket (“Trash”) symbol…
[…]
"I’ve even tried looking for a “Remove dead node” button under the new UI, but don’t see one.[/quote]
The trashcan is the way to delete dead nodes, but the Z-Wave hardware has to agree the node doesn’t exist. That can get interesting with phantom nodes, as you don’t know what the Z-Wave hardware thinks it is talking to.

Anyway, have you tried taking the batteries out of your lock(s) and then hitting the trashcan?