Which remote for iphone?

We are looking at doing something for our current users. The biggest problem we have is that we don’t know who you are…

Apple thinks of you as their customer, not ours, and so don’t give us any details on who purchased or downloaded the app.

We are still formulating a sensible pragmatic strategy on this.

Thanks Mat, good to know.

Cheers
Umtauscher

Yes $50 or $29 may sound expensive but people really need to understand how much work goes into an app like this and stop thinking its the type of normal cookie cutter 99 cent app that is available to each every iPhone user. Vera is a Niche product!

Not to decry iVera, but the difference in coding effort and complexity between the two apps is night and day and we are very lucky that we have either of these apps!

@ strangely → just in case, my post was purely based on what seemed more useful for me at the time, no need to read between the lines. SQ Connect is a great product; in fact, if they would have come up with the very anticipated PUCK a little sooner, I might have chosen them over iVera (heck, I registered to be on the waiting list for purchasing the PUCK even before Mat posted here in the forum).

From my perspective (leaving pricing out of the equation), the biggest difference between iVera and SQ connect is customization, and if that is needed, then SQ connect is the way to go. Comparing either of this 2 apps to the thousand 99 cents apps available has no relevance, and if people are looking at that, then mine as well consider dropping any automation project; everything else needed in order to get to the point of buying the final piece of the puzzle to control your “new automation” project will cost you way more than either of this 2 apps (some pieces even more than the 2 apps put together)

@markiper, no worries, I wasn’t singling you out and I actually thought your post was very constructive; my response is largely based on other threads and the way this thread will probably end up going :slight_smile:

and so what is the price of the blaster going to be? Seems a simple question to me but the answer appears to be more complicated. Oh, by the way, as far as supporting companies is concerned, no matter what they do and how they do it, they’re in it for but one thing aren’t they? I’m not saying that that’s wrong mind you.