Which camera to use with Imperihome

Hi All, not sure this is the right forum but I can’t seem to find an answer anywhere else…

I am currently using an Amcrest wireless camera which does not support unauthenticated RTSP so will not work with Imperihome without an intermediate streaming solution (right?).
I am looking to purchase an additional outdoor wireless camera and would like to make I get one which easily maps into Imperhome.
Any suggestions?

[quote=“gilcd85, post:1, topic:195394”]Hi All, not sure this is the right forum but I can’t seem to find an answer anywhere else…

I am currently using an Amcrest wireless camera which does not support unauthenticated RTSP so will not work with Imperihome without an intermediate streaming solution (right?).
I am looking to purchase an additional outdoor wireless camera and would like to make I get one which easily maps into Imperhome.
Any suggestions?[/quote]

You are right. A lot of people use Blue Iris as a video server them stream to something else. I don’t have any experience with it. So you would simply search for the IP camera that supported un-authenticated RTSP. Tiger Direct usually has a lot of choices for this type of thing.

Thanks! I’ll start looking for a camera supporting unauthenticated RTSP. If anyone has a recommended wireless outdoor cam model it’ll be great.

Blue Iris works well for this. You can authenticate your camera to BI, then the camera shows as a device in Imperihome. You could also add the camera directly to Vera by manually adding an IP device. I haven’t done this so I don’t know the ins and outs but I don’t think it should be too hard.