Where are the Ezlo Staff folks?

Seem to be very few responses from Ezlo Staff the last couple weeks? Unusually quiet from these folks.

Any changes at Ezlo we should be aware of???

Not sure, I agree the Ezlo staff are normally very responsive and engaging in the forum, which has been good to see, as we have hardly any experts left here now.

Hi @curiousB. No changes! We’re here and we’re here to stay. We try to always keep an eye on the forum and whatever you guys need.

4 Likes

Maybe a lot of people are on vacation right now (I hope at least). There’s really not much going on here at the moment. I’m trying to kick things off again (see topic “Is Ezlo Plus Ready for Prime Time?”), but neither Ezlo stuff nor users respond…

1 Like

Hello @Odysee

We are here, how may we assist you?
Happy fathers day!

Regards,

Jonathan Botero.
Customer Care Tier 1 Support.

I’ve not read that “Prime Time” thread lately. I have been pushing them to add some feature requests however for Mesbot rules. Main ones being labelling / folders to organise our Meshbot rules, so we don’t just end up with on long list of rules etc. They have been working on this and we can expect a new Meshbot page UI at some point.

The other main feature request for me is to have global conditions / exceptions. So you can add a condition that affects all actions within the rule. This vital functionality is currently missing in Meshbot’s. Not sure if they have started work on this one yet though.

Hi @curiousB , @Odysee yes you guessed right, I was also off last week. And there will be some more off time planned. But our customer support team is on duty 24/7
And we are working on the problems from the initial list.
Top priority is on Z-wave stability. It is much improved and is in beta now.
Second is Alexa. We already started doing the infrastructure from scratch. Meanwhile fixing the bugs that caused timeouts on Alexa calls.
We will update you soon about all progress.
Best,

1 Like

Maybe we should continue here to get things rolling again:

Of course everyone is entitled to a vacation. It’s good to hear that various things are being worked on in the background. It would be better if there was more communication towards users in the form of updates.

Updates for EZLogics are written pretty regularly every 1-2 weeks. But what happened to the “Newly Integrated Devices on Ezlo Platform”? I think the last one was in October last year. You rarely hear about firmware updates anymore. Ezlo Community Feature Request and Bug Tracker feels like a black hole. You throw in your suggestions for improvement/bugs/requests and it is very likely that nothing will happen.

Examples:

ECS-797

ECS-480: Assigned but nothing has happened for over two years.

It’s not cleaned up either. You give feedback that everything is working now and the request is not closed (in this case the status is even “Waiting for customer” although I wrote as the current one).
ECS-532:

@Odysee you are right. We should improve the feedback cycle. For FW we delayed the last update to get the stability issues solved. When it is released it is always announced on the forum.
For the Community bug tracker, we will start cleaning this week.
For the new devices, we were a bit slow. And added the last couple of devices to the compatibility page. But synchronously the website was updated. The support page will come back shortly and we will again start updating our device list as usual.
Thanks for your continuous interest and support on the platform. We really appreciate your support and doing our best.

It’s time again for a new round of “what’s going on with XY?”

Let’s get started:

1. Firmware updates: I really like the last post about the update, which explained exactly what has been improved in terms of stability, among other things. I would like to have more of that and more often. For example, there was recently (or I have no idea when that was. Unfortunately you don’t notice) an update to version 2.0.48.2397.3. It would be nice if you were automatically informed about the update and, on the other hand, it would be great if you also got a corresponding changelog in the forum.

1. Community Feature and Bug Tracker: I hardly notice any cleanup or speedup. Some examples:

ECS-1211: “Closed” on 27/Oct/23, but status is still “Waiting for Customer”.

ECS-1193: reported on 09/Jun/23, bug was further reported on 19/Jun/23. Since then nothing more despite two requests + incorrect status “Waiting for Customer”.

ECS-1178: Actually a simple display error. Instead of the unit %RH, °C is displayed on an air humidity meter. Reported on Apr 23/23, status still open.

ECS-532: Support for every IP camera. Was already reported as solved on October 14th/21. But status is still “Waiting for Customer”.

ECS-785: Replace failed device (without reprogramming all Meshbots). A very good suggestion for improvement that would make it much easier for all of us to deal with defective devices. Unfortunately no one seems to care: Status Open.

I could list many more of these now. But I think it should be clear that little or nothing is happening here.

1. Support: There is nothing to complain about here. They usually respond very quickly and find a solution. Keep it up!

1. Newly integrated Devices: Last report was on 2022-Oct-17. Have no new devices been integrated in the meantime? If so, why isn’t it reported more?

1. Updates for EZLogic: Last update above version 1.61.1 on May 19. We are now at version 1.66.1. Is there nothing to report here?

I would be happy if some life came back into the place. Particular attention should be paid to communication. I’m sure there’s a lot of work being done on features/improvements/integrations in the background. But this should be reported much more.

1 Like

Hi @Odysee

Thanks for feedback once again. Don’t worry as you have guessed we are working on features/improvements/integrations as usual. We were a bit quiet , sorry for that. We will be more communicating.

1. The firmware update you get can be because you were in a beta group. Thats why you get the latest beta when it is rolled out. If you don’t want to be in that group we can roll your fw back.

2. Let me get through those and update you soon.

3. Thanks for the appreciation on behalf of my teammates.

4. We are intensively working on our new platform EzloPi which we believe will bring much more broader and efficient solution to all device needs, and relieve us from all burdens of device pairing, range problems etc…
    Thats why the usual device integration process was quiet for some time. If you have any specific device that you have problems using let us know and we will work on it asap

5. You are right, we will give a cumulative release note and then get back to usual routine.

Thanks again for your feedback which keeps us alive :slight_smile:

Thanks for the quick response.

1. The fact that I get beta firmware is correct and is what I wanted. I like to test the latest version and help iron out bugs. You quickly complied with the request for a changelog for the latest version.

2. But those were just a few examples. Someone would have to sit down and go through it completely :wink: