Web interface doesn't connect?

I have a Vera 2 in a summer house. It worked great last winter, and I’m getting ready for next winter :(, so I tested it out today, and when I fire up MiOS, log in, and click Dashboard, I get…a long wait followed by an error message entitled “Data not loading?”

The odd thing is, if I go directly to 192.168.1.2, the device comes up fine, with all my data apparently there. So the device is working OK, but somehow the mios servers don’t know that.

What to do?

Thanks.

Rogerl

I have the same problem. What hardware do you have and what UI are you running?

Don

I have a Vera 2 running 1.1.1245.

I’m in the middle of a discussion with the support folks. Apparently my unit has not reported in for a couple of months, which could explain why I can get to it directly via my LAN but not through the mios website. But it doesn’t explain the Chrome/Firefox issue. Have you learned anything?

Roger

Hi Roger

I have just upgraded to 1.5.408 on a Vera 3. I can connect on the local network by ip address and connect through Ivera on a router. But cannot connect by going to cp.mios.com. Strange. It sound like the Dns address is corrupted.

I get a message combining about no network connection.

Don

I heard back from support, who (after I gave them a logon to my system) fixed my problem. The only information I got from them was “There was a missing variable and I managed to fix it, so you should not encounter this issue anymore as long as you have an available Internet connection.” Perhaps you should try a support request.

Roger

Hi Roger

Thanks. I did submit a tech support request and had the same experience as you. They were very responsive.

Don

For the record, tech support was very responsive for me as well. I was extremely happy, and pleasantly surprised, at the service I got.