Weather site in dashboard view

anyone found a good weather site to show current weather in a large tile on a dashboard?

Wunderground has Weather tiles in a number of different shapes/sizes:
Feature No Longer Available | Weather Underground

You just have to put the tile snippet somewhere…

[quote=“guessed, post:2, topic:180907”]Wunderground has Weather tiles in a number of different shapes/sizes:
Feature No Longer Available | Weather Underground

You just have to put the tile snippet somewhere…[/quote]

awesome… thanks. but for the life of me it just shows the URL in the dashboard tile and tells me webpage not available.

It would depend upon what the ImperiHome App needs. If it needs an explicit URL to the content, then the Wunderground HTML snippet would need to be “hosted” somewhere.

For test purposes, I copied one of the snippets and pasted it’s HTML content into the following file on my Vera (to act as a Local/LAN HTTP-host:
/www/weather.html

I then accessed it with a regular browser using:

http:///weather.html

and it loaded the snippet correctly into Chome. My Nexus is charging right now so I can’t test what ImperiHome would do and/or needs.

The app’s “Web Page” widget just displays a hosted web page in a standard android web-browser UI component; so yes for now you’ll have to host the little webpage snippet somewhere.

[quote=“guessed, post:4, topic:180907”]It would depend upon what the ImperiHome App needs. If it needs an explicit URL to the content, then the Wunderground HTML snippet would need to be “hosted” somewhere.

For test purposes, I copied one of the snippets and pasted it’s HTML content into the following file on my Vera (to act as a Local/LAN HTTP-host:
/www/weather.html

I then accessed it with a regular browser using:

http:///weather.html

and it loaded the snippet correctly into Chome. My Nexus is charging right now so I can’t test what ImperiHome would do and/or needs.[/quote]

did you get a chance to test this? seems easy. Although i’m always a little leery adding files to vera. Any concerns there regarding overhead/resources?

Did anyone manage to get this to work?

I am also trying to find a way to get weather forecast on the dashboard.

http://www.wunderground.com/stickers/

I just tested the wunderground code snippet. It worked fine for me. However…

I haven’t yet played with the sizes but make a new file on your SD card called weather.html (or whatever) and in the URL for Imperihome you can specify “file:///storage/emulated/0/…rest of path.html”

You can also click and interact a bit but you can’t go “back” without exiting the Imperihome app.

If you’re good at html you can probably either edit the code or copy and make your own similar snippets.

Ah, very clever! I never would have figured that out.

I also got some good HTML code from the Met Office web site (since I am based in the UK).

Great, so it seems I need to make an HTML file containing the code, put it on my Nexus 7 and point ImperiHome dashboard to the file. That’s my weekend sorted :wink:

[quote=“patersom82”]Ah, cleaver! I never would have figure that out.

I also got some good HTML code from the Met Office web site (since I am based in the UK).

Great, so it seems I need to make an HTML file containing the code, put it on my Nexus 7 and point ImperiHome dashboard to the file. That’s my weekend sorted ;-)[/quote]

You are correct!

One caveat…not sure if the widget updates itself or how that works so you know.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Has there been any update on the success of this?

No. I got a hold of support for Imperihome and asked them the widget sizes. The widgets change size per the screen that you are using like 5", 6" and so on. I wanted to know the exact pixelXpixel so I could try to hack together some html to actually fit nicely in the box I chose but since it’s dynamic and I can’t really do html I never got further.

Imperihome also does not have this on their book of work to do anytime soon so it’s best to figure out some html coding and come up with your own.

There’s another thread I participated in where I gave a lot of wunderground URL’s you could use that might fit your needs. I don’t have that URL handy though. Search my screenname maybe.

I ended up getting the free developer account from wunderground to get the API key. Installed the app from apps.mios.com and it works perfectly in Vera UI on a broswer.

So for Imperihome, what method would display what I see in the browser devices that loaded?

Delete

Now I got it going.

[quote=“tomtcom, post:15, topic:180907”]

Now I got it going.[/quote]

Can you write up what you did. I got an API account, installed the app from the store, put in my number, added my location and none of the items in the dashboard show any information. I’m trying to do exactly what you did, but am stuck on something.

And yes, I do actually have the number in there I just removed it for the image capture.

[quote=“mjbok, post:16, topic:180907”][quote=“tomtcom, post:15, topic:180907”]

Can you write up what you did. I got an API account, installed the app from the store, put in my number, added my location and none of the items in the dashboard show any information. I’m trying to do exactly what you did, but am stuck on something.

And yes, I do actually have the number in there I just removed it for the image capture.[/quote]

Got up this morning and it was working fine. Wunderground website issue possibly? Either way, the pictures you showed with the radar, etc. look awesome. Any help in that direction would be greatly appreciated.

[quote=“mjbok, post:17, topic:180907”][quote=“mjbok, post:16, topic:180907”][quote=“tomtcom, post:15, topic:180907”]

And yes, I do actually have the number in there I just removed it for the image capture.[/quote]

Got up this morning and it was working fine. Wunderground website issue possibly? Either way, the pictures you showed with the radar, etc. look awesome. Any help in that direction would be greatly appreciated.[/quote]

Most likely you just needed to reload the Luup engine. Your Vera does this each night at 2am during it’s nightly heal.

[quote=“mjbok, post:16, topic:180907”][quote=“tomtcom, post:15, topic:180907”]

I stopped using the plugin, it was making to many calls per day and I have the free API account. Also I couldn’t get wind displayed in mph, only kph even though I was correctly set to US measurements.

I’m not sure how you request it but go to Google+ and search for Imperihome Beta channel and try to join that. On there a link is posted where someone downloaded all the graphics and all you have to do is change to your API key, how you want to use your location, and some other small things and that’s it.

:slight_smile: