Water leak detection and water shutoff control

Sorry, that was my fault not yours I miss read your first post. 75% “of” the price got mixed up in my head with 75% “off” the price. Again not you fault. Thanks for clearing that up though.

Cheers

I downloaded the Fortrezz flow meter plugin found on the Vera website in anticipation of using it in 3 weeks when I have that flow meter installed, and it apparently jammed up my Vera so it wouldn’t do anything. Customer service was very kind to remove the plugin (something I tried to do but couldn’t), and now my VeraPlus seems to be working well again. The Vera employee who helped me, also downloaded that plug in as well and it jammed up his Vera. While I am appreciative of Vera’s prompt help on this, they really should either remove that from their website or place a warning on it of some sort. Hopefully, I can get the already ordered flow meter to function sufficiently without the plugin.

Wow, thats a bummer. I’m sure you’ll get it to work ok but the plugin probley provided more data. Keep us updated.

Update on this: I had the Fortrezz automated water shutoff valve and the Fortrezz flow meter physically installed at my house in AZ. I included those two devices and 8 Fibaro water leak sensors onto my Vera Plus network. The good news is that I can have the Fibaro leak sensors close the shutoff valve when they detect water, but have not been able to get flow rate functionality out of the flow meter with Vera. Vera customer support is currently looking at it to see if they can help it detect high flow vs. low flow vs. no flow. I may need to wait a while until someone develops a plugin for Vera. I should point out that there is a nonfunctional plugin for it on Vera that, when installed, totally jammed up my system (same for Vera support). The flow meter apparently works well enough in Homeseer to give flow rates, and there is a plugin that is touted by Fortrezz to work well with SmarThings.

2hd update post-installation of the flow meter: Vera customer support was unable to find a solution to obtain any functionality from the Fortrezz flow meter that I installed. They added the parameters listed in the technical user manual for the device,but no high flow vs. low flow vs. no flow alerts could be detected. At the suggestion of one of the more savvy members here, I tried including the device as a energy meter (several different ones listed on Vera devices) instead of as a generic zwave device with no success. I tried including it as the GoControl flow meter and that also didn’t help. In none of these inclusions am I seeing gallons or anything else counted. The aforementioned frequent poster who has helped me with this thinks that counting something like gallons is the key, and that if I could get the device to do that with Vera, I could wrangle what I want out of it using PLEG. His idea is that I should change the device file of the device to some sort of meter that counts something.

Does anyone out there have such a device file with which I could change the device?

It doesn’t monitor usage, but has anyone used the Dome water shut off Water Main Shut-Off — Dome Home Automation?

Seems to be another version of POPP valve or its clones available i.e. on aliexpress:

aliexpress.com/item/EU-US-Frewuency-Z-Wave-Intelligent-auto-valve-GR-105-can-conpatible-with-all-zwave-devies/32665924679.html

I didn’t use it but you may try to find some opinions about these versions, the idea (and probably hardware) is the same.