VRCS2-MRZ LEVITON (one topic what really works) Please HELP !!!

Hello !

finally I will instal my vera3 and starts by one VRCS2-MRZ installed with 2 loads…and running fine…even not with the indicator leds working like would be (off when the lights on and on when lights off).

when I add to vera3…the local buttons not more runs… and running by vera is ok even slow when activated.

how can I do the local buttons runs ? and vera too ???

how can I turn the leds on when the lamps is off ? and turn off the indicator leds when lamps is on ?

this device was expensive for me and the signature Zwave compatiple did me think with vera3 not would have problems…

thanks for help because I read some time ago something, but I’m not found that and the another informations not runs for me…

Hello Folks !

(to whom it may concern)

yesterday I made the exclusion of my leviton VRCS2…and a lot of times I try add again withou sucessfull…
I was using the include option in low and hi power…and the device not was added…

when I almost giving up…I try include the device pressing the buttom ZWAVE in vera…and that runs and add the device sucessfully.

why the another way do not run ?

now like a miracle …I have a scene controler and 2 controls of lamps…and I turn on and off the lamps by vera and locally pressing the buttons in VRCS2… the local buttons do not stops runs like before…

the problem now is only one…the indicator leds turns on when the lamp is turned on and off when the lamp is off and I would like be the inverse mode for this…
someone have a tip ???

I create a screen in sqremote HD ( I have bought in past) and all comands to leviton is very fast…

to end my procedure list I need only the information about invert the fuctionality of locating leds to locate the switch in the dark like the leviton announces…

thanks for all reading and helping with this older problem with VRCS2 switches.

I think in Leviton’s philosophy the LED is on when the scene is active, so there may not be another way (natively). Perhaps something can be done by forcing the On and Off scenes to be controlled by Vera, but I haven’t tried this. You’ll have to weigh getting the LED behavior you want versus the directly controlled scene capability of the Leviton gear.

ok Oti@…I understand…

do you know I create a scene using this device ?

because I create one scene named TURN ALL ON and put the 2 devices in ON mode but when I run the scene nothing happens…

thanks…

I’m almost there !!

Like oTi said earlier, the native control is scene active/light on = LED on. If you let Vera control it, you would run into issues turning the light off.
The scene controller will send an “off” command when you hit the button when the LED is on, which is the opposite of what you want to do.

Here is a quick post I wrote a while back on creating the scene (ignore the “Schedules” part):
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,10199.msg69694.html#msg69694

Get things running from the dashboard before you try to assign the controller.

Then add the triggers for the controller:
Edit the scene (wrench icon):
Triggers tab:
Click “Add trigger”
Choose your device from the drop down
Choose “A scene is activated” for the type
Enter a name
Enter “1” or “2” depending on which button you want to assign
Hit “Back to triggers”
Click “Confirm Changes”
Click “Save” and wait for the restart

I am using a VRCZ4-MOZ with terrible reliability.

I have a question about the recommendation of adding a trigger to configure these switches. Specifically, why are you recommending this technique vs going to the Scenes setup for the controller device and selecting a scene on the drop down menus? The latter technique would seem to be more intuitive and easier. Is there a known problem with this part of the configuration?

For my part, I have tried both techniques and neither is working reliably for me. The vera seems to work reliably enough with my Leviton switches and outlets (that is, scenes triggered using my PC or iPhone work OK, but scenes triggered by my VRCZ4 do not).

I think both methods ultimately do the same thing. What the [tt]Scenes[/tt] tab appears to do, is auto-create the appropriate trigger for you, rather than you creating it using the other method. The [tt]Scenes[/tt] tab is quicker, but only available for certain controllers. So I ignore this tab, for consistency. Also, I believe the triggers get a generated name; I like to create my own, using my own conventions.

[quote=“Piwtorak, post:2, topic:172943”]Hello Folks !

(to whom it may concern)

yesterday I made the exclusion of my leviton VRCS2…and a lot of times I try add again withou sucessfull…
I was using the include option in low and hi power…and the device not was added…

when I almost giving up…I try include the device pressing the buttom ZWAVE in vera…and that runs and add the device sucessfully.[/quote]

There seems to be a phasing issue with your leviton devices, Z-wave is wireless, hense it works, but the leviton is line carrier, and the device on that phase is functioning, but not on the other device or phase. My advice is to install 2 Dual band insteon switches on each phase, and program the X-10 address to each of them. This should cure the problem.