Voice notifications (TTS) using VeraMate?

Hi!

Some time ago the possibility of having TTS notifications using VeraMate was discussed. Is this something that has been solved?

TTS using VeraAlerts works when using Android but for iOS there don’t seem to be a easy way of having notifications read out loud. It would be a really great feature if VeraMate could help with this! Is it possible to do this or implement this feature?

Hmmm I can’t recall speaking about TTS for notifications specifically (there was talk doing it for any and all device changes, which would require constant monitoring and hence not really practical). iOS does have the voice over ability which does allow speaking of notifications, but for some reason you can’t enable it just for notifications (it’ll speaking for the whole screen).

That would be quite good though actually… I’ll have a quick look to see how difficult (/possible) it will be to play this in the background.

Please do! VeraMate is the best way I have found getting notifications from Vera to iOS, and it would be really cool having the device read them aloud! It would also be very helpful when you have a wall mounted iPad, so you don’t need to check the device to see if there is notifications. I assume Siris TTS could be used?

I have tried iOS VoiceOver but the issue is that it inhibit the device to be used for other uses (because it reads everything aloud when navigating in other apps).

This should be in the 11.5 version out today. I’d be interested in any feedback.

I noticed the TTS notification option in the latest update! Wonderful!

I can’t get the app to speak Swedish though. My notifications are all in Swedish but the TTS alerts read them in broken English. Do I need to change something in my iPhone perhaps?

It should choose Swedish if that is your region? But you could check the “spoken voice” option under settings/Voice Control, and explicitly choose Swedish otherwise.

I have tried this (everything is set to Swedish) but the app still don’t speak with a Swedish accent? I can live with broken english BUT some of our Swedish sounds is not pronounced correctly, making it very hard to hear the notifications. Siri is enabled and set to Swedish.

I just enabled voice control - very cool. I’ll have to experiment with it in the car tomorrow.

Have you had time to check the support for Swedish in the spoken alerts?

Other language settings works properly and make VeraMate talk with the correct accent, however not the Swedish setting. It gives the same TTS engine as English.

Maybe something with the language settings?

Purely a bug for Swedish. It should be working now?

Thank you, after the last update it works properly!