Voice Control stops working

Hi Mr. VeraMate and others,

I have set up VeraMate using Voice Control for a friend of mine who is confined to a wheel chair and has limited upper body strength/dexterity. She uses it for the entirety of the control in her home - blinds, door, Air-Con, lights and fan.

Voice Control works really well 90% of the time (albeit a tad frustrating sometimes but all Voice Control is). However the Voice Control seems to just stop working every now and then. The only way we have found to get it to start working again is shut down the App and re-open it. This is easy for me but actually very difficult for her given Siri cannot be used to Exit the App so she has to do it using the Home button and gestures.

Question is - is this a known issue and is there a fix or is it just an issue with connecting to the Voice Server with no solid cause/solution?

Or… can tell me how you can close an App. on an iPhone without using your fingers…?

I have had similar experiences from time to time. Closing and reopening seems to fix it. The developer can take a month to respond to issues, but once he is on, he is attentive and quickly updates the app. You may want to report an issue using VeraMate to get his attention.

In the meantime I looked at the accessibility features of the iPhone and nothing jumped out that I could see to help. But it may be worth a try playing with the many features to see if one helps.

I also suggest making an appointment with a Genius at the Apple Store who can show you all of the accessibility features and add-on hardware that may make it easier.

Good suggestions. Thanks mate. I will do that.