VistaCam 1103 (new OutdoorVue camera), plus deleting alerts o Ezlo Secure controller

This seems to be the only thread on the forum that concerns the VistaCam 1103.

I’ve just had a terrible time trying to add / pair my VistaCam 1103 to my Ezlo Secure.

Seems that it will not pair if you have special characters in your 2.4ghz WIFI password. Like underscore and hash in my case.

I had to instead pair the camera to my Guest WIFI network which its password didnt contain those special characters and then it paired first time OK.

Please ensure that this camera can be added / paired when using special characters in your WIFI password etc.

Thanks.

You can set up the WiFi via CGI command from a web browser as a work around. Note the special handling of certain characters in the password (red arrow).

yes. we will update these in our FW as well. Thanks for the feedback.

It turned out to be the hash # character in my Wifi password that prevented the Ezlo mobile apps from successfully pairing the VistaCam 1103 to my Ezlo Secure.

As such this VistaCam 1103 is still paired to my other Guest wifi instead.

Strangly though the VistaCam 703 did pair OK to my regular wifi with hash in the password and to my Ezlo Secure. So only seemed to be an issue with this particular VistaCam 1103 model.