VistaCam 1101 POE injector

Hi,

I am able to hook my VistaCam camera to my router using the Y-adapter it came with and the POE injector. I am not able to pair my POE injector with my router because I do not have the WPS feature on my router. Does anyone know the IP address so that I can access the POE injector directly and set it up with my WIFI network?

Thanks
Jake

POE adapters are simply power supplies. They don’t have IP addresses. At least the POE adapter follows the IEEE industry standards—many do not.

yes but its a POE adapter and network adapter in one. You plug it in, sync it with out router with WPS (I do not have that luxury) and run a short cable to your camera. Take a look at Sercomms RP131 network/poe adapter.

Got it! It’s a wireless bridge with a POE injector. Do you really need the wireless aspect? You’ll get much better camera performance if you use Ethernet directly to your router. You can pick up an injector for around $25. I see that the manual is quite poor—no instructions on how to connect if you don’t have WPS.

…Assuming from this thread you have it connected wired and want to setup wireless…

We can’t know the IP address since it would have come from the DHCP server on your router.
Try logging in to your router and see if it lists the DHCP clients attached.

Yea I know wired is much better and ultimately it will be my final goal, but just to get them up and tested I would like to use the wireless before I go and hardwire everything. I checked my router and no new know IPs are attached. I even directly hooked it to my router with hardwire and it would not keep a link. If I knew the default IP, I could change my IP settings to match and hook to it so I can get the configuration screen. Once configured I would be able to just unhook it and hook my camera back to it. I appreciate the responses!

**on the other hand - I have my camera connected wired and it has been working good. However it keeps creating another camera device automatically, doesn’t matter many times I delete it - it still comes back as a duplicate.

Thanks
Jake