Virtual Switch Missing or NOT

Hi,

I am newbie on this Vera, and have tried to create an Virtual Switch in my Vera3, Firmware 1.7.1040

Did use this guide, http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=27095.0
and the switch was created perfect.
Just to clear out, I did follow above to the end and did reload the Lua engine

But after page reload, I am not able to see the switch, it is gone. BUT if I access my vera3 by my Ios app in my iphone, then I can see the created virtual Switch :-
I have tried google, firefox and explore browser, but still the same issue…

Anyone, who can help out, please??

I’ve always used Vera’s recommended simple Virtual Switch without any problems. The advantage is that the Vera Virtual Switches are compatible with dashboard modes, externally visible, etc. because they implement a the BinaryLight service precisely. While the instructions are a bit dated, they still work perfectly on UI7.

[quote=“Bimha, post:1, topic:200410”]Hi,

I am newbie on this Vera, and have tried to create an Virtual Switch in my Vera3, Firmware 1.7.1040

Did use this guide, http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=27095.0
and the switch was created perfect.
Just to clear out, I did follow above to the end and did reload the Lua engine

But after page reload, I am not able to see the switch, it is gone. BUT if I access my vera3 by my Ios app in my iphone, then I can see the created virtual Switch :-
I have tried google, firefox and explore browser, but still the same issue…

Anyone, who can help out, please??[/quote]

After creating a device, you should hard-refresh your browser. That’s CTRL-F5 on Chrome/Windows, SHIFT-F5 on Firefox/Windows, and apparently CMD+SHIFT+R on most Mac browsers (so I’ve been told, I don’t Mac). This ensures that the browser’s caching is not interfering with the fetch of data or the numerous scripts the UI requires.

I go so far as to close and reopen the browser.

Having worked with Web apps for over 10 years, I don’t quite get why this rigmarole is needed either, but there we are :slight_smile:

C