Viewing temperatures/humidities on an Android phone?

The last years I’ve been feeding temperatures/humidities to thingspeak.com, and used the IoT ThingSpeak Monitor widget to view those temps/hums on my Android phone with pleasing results. However, now thingspeak have decided that their service is not totally free anymore. 4 free channels is all I get, and I need more than that. I’m not using the thingspeak service more than as an aid to use the widget, so for me it’s not worth the money to pay for a license.

Is there any other widget to view temps/hums on an Android phone?

This is where you consider using DataMine, DataYours, or OpenLuup has Data Historian I believe. These would be the fastest to producing results that you would want to see. This is what I read in this forum at any rate.

As a substitute, you could consider AutoVera with Tasker to leverage its variable watch and probably with some effort log those values to a text file on your phone, maybe some mild code snippet to insert date/time values. From there you would need some chart app from the Play Store to read the text file to display the charts.

Just my opinion but I’m sure others have their views.

Edit I’m betting AltUI could use other data providers to view the channel information instead of thinkspeak so an internet search might be needed.

Emoncms is another option. I myself use Datamine but I did check Emoncms and it actually works nice. You can feed any data to it and it provides you graphs. You can check this http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,35953.0.htm

edit: Oeps, Just found out that Emoncms also needs to be paid for. So probably Datamine or Datayours is the better solution

Charting would be nice, but I would really want a widget that displays the current temerature. I’m not sure how accomplish that with the solutions you propose? :-\

There are tutorials in the AutoApps forums. Joao is now the developer of Tasker and all AutoApps on the play store.

Google Tasker device widget autovera. But you would have to get some apps and there’s a learning curve and one time fee for pro versions.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Imperihome?

Regards,
Cor