Video pop-up on device trigger

Hi, tried to search the forum but no luck.

I have this setup with vera and an external IP camera running for long time: when a device is triggered (doorbell) a snapshot is taken (http link from camera) and attached via SMTP via veralerts. Works fine.

But now I wanted to have another level:
I imported the camera natively in vera (that works). And I want to have a video pop-up on my vera app (android) or orther app (imperihome?) upon trigger og the doorbell device…

Is that in any way possible? Any tips or suggestions?

I use vera alerts and pushbullet to get picture popups on my android/windows devices. When pushbullet worked in kodi i received them there also.
edit. For clarity. i receive pictures, not video.

Vera Alerts can send a Video clip … to the Android Vera Alerts app.
Also when you send a picture … from Vera Alerts Mobile, you have an option to start video capture.

Hi what I meant to say is that I want to see a live video stream pop up like it was an “intercom” function

Can be done using AutoVera (vera plugin and android app), tasker (android app), and tinyCam monitor (android app). When the bell is rung you can have autovera trigger tasker on your android device to open your ip camera in tinyCam monitor.

Vera should add this to there app …
I could add it more prominently to Vera Alerts Mobile.

The problem with using other APPS is that you need some additional means, which often compromise network security, to access the home camera remotely.

[quote=“RichardTSchaefer, post:6, topic:196987”]Vera should add this to there app …
I could add it more prominently to Vera Alerts Mobile.

The problem with using other APPS is that you need some additional means, which often compromise network security, to access the home camera remotely.[/quote]

True. It should be proxied by the vera app. I would allow my cam stream to be proxied by vera over the internet to my android phone…

Or if you could add an option to add a video string to veralerts to be opened and habe some freedom in what it could be (rtsp, http, etc) or to use an existing app like e.g. VLC to play a stream… (srtp?)

Just to offer another idea as alternative: I have an Android tablet with ImperiHome (Pro), combined with the Vera ImperiHome plugin and I was able to achieve the following result:

1. Vera motion sensor triggered at front door
  2. Vera scene to call ImperiHome to do a TTS on the tablet, saying “Someone is approaching the front door”
  3. Vera scene also to switch ImperiHome to show the IP cam on the tablet

What it cannot do is the intercom part (I can talk through my IP cam), but this is sufficient for my use case.

[quote=“jeff3lo, post:8, topic:196987”]Just to offer another idea as alternative: I have an Android tablet with ImperiHome (Pro), combined with the Vera ImperiHome plugin and I was able to achieve the following result:

1. Vera motion sensor triggered at front door
  2. Vera scene to call ImperiHome to do a TTS on the tablet, saying “Someone is approaching the front door”
  3. Vera scene also to switch ImperiHome to show the IP cam on the tablet

What it cannot do is the intercom part (I can talk through my IP cam), but this is sufficient for my use case.[/quote]

How exaclty did you achieve step 3? I have the cams in imperihome as well as an rtsp (slow startup btw)

I did this a while back but I kind of remember this is what I did at that time:

1. At the Android tablet ImperiHome app, create a new “Dash Page” and add a full screen IP cam module to it. (So if this is configured properly, you will have 2 pages, the first page is your default ImperiHomer dashboard, and then a second page that display IP cam

2. At the Vera scene, based on motion sensor trigger or whatever you define, add the following luup code:

luup.call_action(“urn:imperihome-com:serviceId:ImperiHomeDevice1”, “SayTTS”, {Text = “Optionally TTS, Whatever you want to say here”}, 123);
luup.call_action(“urn:imperihome-com:serviceId:ImperiHomeDevice1”, “GotoDashPage”, { PageIndex = “1” }, 123);

** Replace 123 above with your ImperiHomer plugin device ID, also change the PageIndex number if you have more multiple tabs already. **