Version 7.0.20 (1.7.919/1.7.2607/1.7.2608) ▾ February 21, 2017

For comparision, my Vera 3 running the latest Ui7 FW and has both Blue Iris and Sonos plugin installed. (amongst others) I’m assuming from your numbers that you have a VeraLite?

Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/root 4.5M 4.5M 0 100% /rom
tmpfs 62.2M 3.4M 58.8M 6% /tmp
tmpfs 512.0K 0 512.0K 0% /dev
/dev/mtdblock7 11.0M 9.9M 1.1M 90% /overlay
overlayfs:/overlay 11.0M 9.9M 1.1M 90% /
/dev/mtdblock8 6.0M 6.0M 0 100% /mios

Mem: 104768K used, 22688K free, 0K shrd, 0K buff, 30988K cached
CPU: 5% usr 2% sys 0% nic 90% idle 0% io 0% irq 0% sirq
Load average: 0.21 0.19 0.23 1/99 4995

Thanks for the datapoint. I do have a lite. I’m starting to think I may need to upgrade. I just don’t want to spend the money and time to rebuild the entire network. I’m running Sonos, PLEG, ERGY, Wunderground, and a few others. The weird thing was I removed everything accept PLEG and UPnP and Sonos and I still got the error. Without Sonos it was clean.

PLEG may be the big memory offendor. If it’s a memory driven issue.

When I migrated from the vera lite to the vera plus, I did not have to rebuild the network or plugins. The only zwave device issue was the well documented battery devices which I had to exclude/include.

Good to know. I thought I read that going to the z-wave plus chip was not recommended without rebuilding from scratch.

Basically taking a ZWave backup from your Lite and restoring it on a Plus or an Edge (I’d say Plus if you can afford it) should be relatively painless. Apart from perhaps some battery devices. I’ve done such a migration from my old Vera 2 to my Vera 3 and it went very well. The only caveat is that when you restore, the root password (on the bottom of your unit) will be the one of your source Vera unit. But that’s easy to fix.

Vera Edge / Plus and Secure spec comparison: http://getvera.com/controllers/veraedge/ (scroll down)

Anybody have any input on the support for Alexa? Release notes say it’s supported but when i go try to get what is needed (from the link they have on the release site) it looks like it’s taking me to the Alexa BETA testing???

How do i go about enabling Alexa? Assuming (if i understand correctly) it has native support in this release.

Thanks in advance.

Vera’s Alexa support is currently in beta state. It has been released to the community for testing but no guarantees are provided that it will work 100%. After the 2nd beta release I am lucky enough to have it working but it seems a number of UK users is still having issues. Also it has not been released to all markets so carefully read the beta page to ensure your market is included in the beta.

I’m in the US. Yeah, after reading carefully, i see it’s still pretty much still in Beta. I may give it a go and see…

Thanks

[quote=“tt55du, post:17, topic:195580”]I’ve started a new [url=http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,47822.msg315742.html#msg315742]http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,47822.msg315742.html#msg315742[/url] in the Sonos Plugin forum

has anyone with the Sonos Plugin and the new FW on a Veralite get “cannot write user data” errors?

I’ve fairly certain it’s caused by the Sonos Plugin.[/quote]

I get this routinely… about twice a day for an hour at a time. Vera Support claims that it is my Kodi home theater PCs reaching out across the network to discover other devices. Since I have 2 that are on 24/7, it overloads the veralite with UPNP requests and vera generates the errors. If i reload the engine while it is happening, then it stops.

Veras only sugguestion to me was to put either the vera, or the PCs on a different subnet, but thats not gonna happen.

Hmmm, I have 2 Serviio Media servers on the same subnet as my Vera’s and am not having any issues.