Version 4 feedback

Here’s a fix to the nil value error.

Also in the GitHub development branch.

For some reason, one of the sensors (perhaps the rain one) has no value. This may make sense if the newly created device has not yet updated, but I’m not sure.

Let’s see if this helps.

[hr]

Coincidentally, the battery on my Rain sensor has just gone, so perhaps I will face the same issue!

:smiley: Seems to be working now! Thanks akbooer!

Hi akbooer,

Has the “MeasurementPoll” intentionally been made to not be editable? I tried to change it to 5 (5 min) but the change does not stick, goes back to 10 after each luup restart.

newermind, I guess it is because of this:

Weather Station Do not try to pull data every minute. Netatmo Weather Station sends its measures to the server every ten minutes.

Yes, that’s right. 10 is a minimum for the Web API. You can set it to longer if you wish :wink:

I had to replace my Netatmo unit and deleted the Netatmo app from my VeraLite to try to start over to get the new Netatmo unit added as a Device in Micasaverde. When I try to install the app from Apps - Install Apps - I get the message “Command failed Failed to retrieve plugins”. When I try installing the app from the store, I get “Installation failed, Reason: to install plugin”
I’m very new to this, but would appreciate any help that anyone could offer. I need to use the temperature data from the Netatmo as an input for some automation I have setup using PLEG. Thanks in advance!

Hello,

I have bought a Netatmo weather station last week to use it with the plugin from Akbooer.
The Netatmo unit is set up and working ok.

I wanted to use the plugin to connect it to my Vera3 but it is not connecting:
Netatmo : Failed to get stations data

Im on UI7 1.7.902, Netatmo version 2017.01.16.

I have followed the instructions over here: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,36061.msg276295.html#msg276295

My output:
Netatmo authorization test
PASSED OK
table: 0x301b278
HTTPS error = connection refused
nil

So, As far I can see, I can log in, but it’s failed to get the stations.
Why?

Well, you seem to have got a long way with diagnosing the problem. That’s a very good start.

So it looks like an authorization success (credentials correct) but indeed a failure to recover any data.

I forget what the diagnostic did, so will have to follow up that post.

[quote=“carrollsbc, post:45, topic:190857”]I had to replace my Netatmo unit and deleted the Netatmo app from my VeraLite to try to start over to get the new Netatmo unit added as a Device in Micasaverde. When I try to install the app from Apps - Install Apps - I get the message “Command failed Failed to retrieve plugins”. When I try installing the app from the store, I get “Installation failed, Reason: to install plugin”
I’m very new to this, but would appreciate any help that anyone could offer. I need to use the temperature data from the Netatmo as an input for some automation I have setup using PLEG. Thanks in advance![/quote]

Another option is to use the Weatherundeground plugin to get weather data for automation. For instance, outside temperature to set heating/cooling mode, and sky condition to turn on/off exterior lights offset from sunset/sunrise depending on the condition.

[quote=“akbooer, post:47, topic:190857”]Well, you seem to have got a long way with diagnosing the problem. That’s a very good start.

So it looks like an authorization success (credentials correct) but indeed a failure to recover any data.

I forget what the diagnostic did, so will have to follow up that post.[/quote]

I was wondering where the Plugin recover’s the data?
If it’s online (Netatmo Connect) then I don’t have to doubt about my own network. ???
Or did I miss something while settjing up Netatmo Connect? I’ll will keep searching…

Update: It’s working!! ;D
I don’t know what’s the reason, but after checking my Netatmo Connect app it started working!
Now I have all the devices, so I can start testing!

Akbooer, thanks for the great plugin!
Keep up the good work :wink:

Glad to hear that all is, in fact well! Enjoy.

Hi,

Today at 16:49 my Netatmo dropped and Authorisation failed, have not changed or done anything?!

Version 4.20160128 on UI7 1.7.2935.

Any advice?

Best regards,
P-a

I’m getting the same problem :frowning: Authorization failed. Netatmo must have changed something in their API access.

Yes, I think we all have the same issue since this morning. I updated a while ago to the latest API, and they’re usually good in informing developers of upcoming deprecated bits of the API. Maybe they just have a problem, or maybe it’s us. Will try to investigate.

Running the basic authentication test here results in failure: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,36061.msg276295.html#msg276295

Obviously something very fundamental, but I can’t see anything on the developer API pages which might explain this (yet.)

Good to know Im not the only one. I thought it was the new firmware that broke it again…

Restarted Luup this morning and my Vera was able to connect to Netatmo cloud again :smiley:

Same goes for me, weird, have been running this setup for 1,5 years without a single glitch… ;D

Yup, started again (without a Luup restart) at about 23:40 BST last night. Didn’t want to restart my openLuup systems which have been up for the last 60 days or so!

I guess my system required a restart of the luup engine because I had tried to “fix” the issue by restarting the engine, it might have recovered on its own if I left it alone. Lets just hope this does not become a re-occuring issue since I’m quite dependant on the CO2 measurement for my ventilation system.

Yes, I was against web-based systems originally, as this is just the sort of problem which might arise. But Netatmo has proved to be quite reliable to date. Let’s hope it stays that way.