VeraSecure replacement battery?

The headline pretty much says it - where can I buy a replacement battery for VeraSecure?

I have the same question

You reminded me I need one. Last time I filed a support ticket last time and they sent me a $10 invoice. The bad news is that the replacement only lasted around 2 1/2 years… I opened a ticket just now…

Catalina Granados (Vera)

Nov 23, 2022, 17:43 UTC

Hello Eric,

Thank you for contacting us, unfortunately we no longer manufacture batteries for VeraSecure controllers.

Regards,

Catalina Granados.
Customer Care Tier 1 Support.

Since I kept my old VeraSecure battery, I tried to take it apart to see if we could easily replace the internals, and the answer is no. The battery pack wasn’t designed to be re-opened.

Thinking this might be a battery used for other applications, I tried to find a match based on the model number and specifications, but no luck.

I think we are going to have to use a UPS and give up on the internal battery.

Thanks for providing that info and doing the research. Rather frustrating. First of all (as an electrical/electronics engineer) designing it initially with a custom battery was just plain !#$%& There are plenty of available choices of standard batteries that could have served the purpose just fine. Second, I guess this just confirms again - unfortunately the company “ain’t the best” about supporting their products.

1 Like

Did anyone find a way to replace this battery with an alternative? Mine just died and of course I get no support.