VeraPlus + Zstick

I’ve loaded the Beta code and this is now working.

I hope the beta hasn’t broken something else.

It’s broken, depending on what you use. I’ve been back & forth with CS since january trying to get a fix to configuration problems.

The Beta firmware if broken? What is broken with it?

I’m setting up scenes ok, I think.

as I wrote, it depends on what you use. I have devices that I cannot change config settings on.

Thanks. Will keep this in mind if I run across something that doesn’t work.

I expect we’ll see an update soon to fix this.

[quote=“Chapin, post:25, topic:194684”]Thanks. Will keep this in mind if I run across something that doesn’t work.

I expect we’ll see an update soon to fix this.[/quote]

You can be sure that the next update wil break something else.

Hi all,

I have my Vera for little more than 10 months and I’m still learning how to take advantage of it. I’m interrested in this topic as I do have a Zstick on raspeberry-Pi that I rarely use, so might give it a shot and plug it into my VeraPlus, now my question is, once the Zstick plugged into the Vera, will Vera recognize it automatically and if yes will the Vera “transfert” automatically all the Zwave device to the Zstick, or will the Zstick “acquiere” them from the Vera?

Thanks

Rgds

Al

No, as described in this thread, you will need to change Vera’s configuration and point to the correct serial port that your Vera “sees” the Z-Stick on. If this thread isn’t enough for you, there are many more threads on the forum going back years.

will the Vera "transfert" automatically all the Zwave device to the Zstick, or will the Zstick "acquiere" them from the Vera?
No. in order to use the Z-Stick with your existing network of Z-Wave devices, you will first need to copy the network form Vera to the Z-Stick. To do this, you will need to add the Z-Stick to Vera, as you would add any other Z-Wave controller or remote. Then with the Z-Stick included into the network and the database of nodes copied over, the Z-Stick can be used when plugged into Vera.

Be sure to backup your Vera And your Z-Wave network before you do anything and have an unfortunate accident.

No, as described in this thread, you will need to change Vera’s configuration and point to the correct serial port that your Vera “sees” the Z-Stick on. If this thread isn’t enough for you, there are many more threads on the forum going back years.

will the Vera "transfert" automatically all the Zwave device to the Zstick, or will the Zstick "acquiere" them from the Vera?
No. in order to use the Z-Stick with your existing network of Z-Wave devices, you will first need to copy the network form Vera to the Z-Stick. To do this, you will need to add the Z-Stick to Vera, as you would add any other Z-Wave controller or remote. Then with the Z-Stick included into the network and the database of nodes copied over, the Z-Stick can be used when plugged into Vera.

Be sure to backup your Vera And your Z-Wave network before you do anything and have an unfortunate accident.[/quote]

Hi,

Thanks for your response, that’s what I thought.

Rgds

Al