VeraPlus and New to Vera

Hi,

I just received my VeraPlus and am learning the UI (firmware 1.7.1754).

I love the product and the UI concept, but I’m somewhat frustrated that “simple” questions have to fall to this group. Can someone help with these questions:

1. How do I exclude a node? I’ve looked through every menu item and could only find “delete”

2. I read earlier where the logs can be viewed but can no longer find the link. Can someone post it?

3. I have only one device connected (Linear WD500Z-1). The device works (both reporting status and controlling but there is a red “1” when it is off (see photo) what is this trying to tell me.

4. The WD500Z dimmer instructions suggests if there are pairing issues to reset the dimmer. THis si done by selecting “SETUP” and scrolling down to “RESET UNIT” . I could find nothing under this device that uses the word “reset”. Any idea how to do this.

Thanks

JohnRob

In the UI, the dashboard has a “?” in the upper right for on line help, however it does not exist on any other page. All the Wiki’s I’ve found don’t cover UI7

You do not exclude a node you unpair it. Click on the delete device button and choose the unpair option on that dialog. Then go through the unpairing procedure for the device in question.

http://<your local vera ip>/cgi-bin/cmh/log.sh?Device=LuaUPnP

It is a shortcut the 1 is how many devices are affected by clicking the shortcut. All would be 1 in this instance.

Each device has their own method for resetting to factory settings. I don’t recall the procedure for factory reset of the WD500Z read the instructions for the device.

[quote=“rstrouse, post:2, topic:191116”]You do not exclude a node you unpair it.[/quote]Include and Exclude are teh official Z-Wave terms. Pair and unpair are used synonymously with Include and Exclude in these forums.

Each device has their own method for resetting to factory settings. I don't recall the procedure for factory reset of the WD500Z read the instructions for the device.
The WD500Z-1 must be Excluded in order to factory reset it.

Thanks rstrouse and Z-Waver,

I found that the WD500Z (as you said) was reset on unpairing.

I could not get the log link to work. I’m sure of the IP address as I can see it in my router DHCP table. Which brings me to another curious condition:

I have two wired IP addresses and two MAC addresses, the one on the bottom of the unit and another with one count above that.
(i.e. xxxxxxxx24 and xxxxxxxx25). My initial reaction was a VeraPlus WiFi connection, but both are listed as wired connections and I’ve never given Vera my WiFi password. I guess the 2nd could be the VeraPlus WiFi defaults as an AP and this would be the method to access it. Not sure.

JohnRob