VeraMobile Thermostat functions

I’ve been trying to get myself off of VeraMate for a year now since its not being supported or enhanced but am frustrated at the basic thermostat functions that it has, that don’t exist in VeraMobile.

1. I can switch the FAN setting between AUTO and ON in VeraMate but not VeraMobile
  2. I can see if the system is HEATING or COOLING in VeraMate but not in VeraMobile

There have been updates to to allow customizing the UI and that’s great, but is there anywhere to get on a list of suggested improvements for specific device types that are missing basic functions?

As an addendum to your feedback, I’d like once again to suggest that VeraMobile have added functionality that allows it to serve as a plug-in for Tasker, since that opens up a whole extra world of possibilities.

Imagine if Tasker (on Android phones) could react anyhow you please in response to the thermostat (or any device, really) reporting a change!

1 Like

ok, there have been a few updates to the Vera Mobile App since I posted this, but nothing to fix the two simple annoyances mentioned in my original post. Now that I can no longer run the VeraMate app, I’m stuck using Vera Mobile and missing these basic features.
Even the Fan mode is displayed on the Web interface.
I want to be able to switch the FAN mode between AUTO and ON, and it would be “nice” to see the current status of the heating or cooling. ie… if the thermostat is calling for heat… Veramate would show “Heating” and if its calling for cooling, it would show “cooling”.
I have Trane TZ400BB thermostats. Device config is using D_HVAC_ZoneThermostat1.xml and D_HVAC_ZoneThermostat1.json

Does anyone have any other configurations or other thermostats that actually show this info in Vera Mobile?
Noticed there was never any response about a place to suggest improvements to the app so I guess there isn’t one…which would explain it’s current state.

Hi, sorry but personally i know no way to do this.

Appvalley TutuApp Tweakbox