VeraMate Voice Commands No Longer Function

I’m on an Apple iPhone 6 under iOS 8.4 with VeraMate v9.3.1.1 and the voice prompts for VeraMate have suddenly stopped working. I didn’t upgrade my iPhone firmware or do anything else of recently that would have affected VeraMate’s voice functionality. It was working about a week ago or so when I was playing with it.

When I open the voice control feature in VeraMate, it used to speak a prompt when I would use my activation word “Vera” as well as write the text of what words it was trying to pick up after I had spoken them. Now I no longer get a prompt or see any text words after speaking like I used to. The microphone turns from green to yellow after I speak, but then always shows red. No voice commands that had previously worked for me are working now like “turn on living room fan” or “front door light on”.

The “speak greeting”, “speak device changes”, “speak voice command reply” and “voice command always on” options are selected under voice control. When I manually trigger a z-wave device, it speaks the command like “turning on front door light”. But I can’t speak the command to initiate the same.

Any ideas??

If the command turns red, then that means there’s some problem connecting to the voice server (nuance). I’ve just tried and can confirm that seems to be working, and I assume there’s no connection problem on your mobile. If you send me some diagnostics within the app (from settings/contact), I can look into it further…

Thanks for the quick reply veramate. I tried it again today and it worked perfectly once again. I’m not sure if it was just my iPhone acting up but I didn’t restart it or anything. Just a glitch maybe. I’ll keep trying it but it was working great earlier today.