VeraMate is Locking Up a lot now

Maybe “locking up” is the wrong term but I’m having a large number of situations where the iPhone Locator fails on me and I find that VeraMate is in an unresponsive state with the blue “refreshing” bar that NEVER goes away. If I kill the app and then restart it all is normal again. This has happened to me on rare occasion for ever but it’s no longer rare. Any thoughts…?

I’m relying heavily on VeraMate now and if it’s not going to be stable, well…!

I have been getting this a lot lately too… in fact it’s affecting my VeraMate right now and closing/re-opening the app doesn’t solve the problem. While VeraMate constantly says “Refreshing, please wait…” I cannot control any devices, see my home’s status in real time or use my cameras.

Does this have something to do with constant Distributed Denial of Service attacks that have been aimed at MiCasaVerde’s servers almost daily lately?? It seems like everyday I get an email and text from Vera about a DDoS attack aimed at their UI7 platform. What gives?? I love VeraMate and Vera but I need both to be reliable in order to use my home automation devices to their fullest.

I’ve just update the other thread in regards to this:

I am aware of this, and am still investigating. Currently I have only found issues with the micasaverde servers VeraMate is connecting to which have so far been the cause of this problem. I am attempting to get further information as to whether VeraMate is not properly following the fallback scenario, if there is another server this can connect to. So far there is no update though.

As mentioned, every scenario so far entails the inability to actually connect to the Vera server. I know the official app can sometimes still connect, which seems to suggest there is a fallback server not being picked up by VeraMate (still investigating). T

Thanks so much for responding …!

It is true that when VeraMate is stuck on “refreshing” the Vera native app can connect, it take too long as it always does but it will connect. Also if I kill the VeraMate app and re-launch it 90% of the time is comes back fine with no “refreshing” issue.

A quick check - is this on cellular, or on wifi/both?

Both actually, and it seems to be getting more common now, driving me crazy. I hate to have to keep killing the app and re-load it.

I think you should re-name this application to “Refreshing, please wait” I’m looking for an alternative solution now.

Lately VeraMate has been very stable for me. When I was experiencing refreshing issues sometimes reseting my Vera would fix the issue. I do believe as VeraMate has said a lot of these issues lies with Vera’s servers and not the app.

Copying my reply from the other thread too:
[i]
I have a new 10.11 beta version I’m currently testing if anyone would wish to try if you’re getting this error a lot. Please use the in-app contact screen to “send diagnostics” and request access if you’d like to.

There is sometimes a limit to what VeraMate can do, but I’m attempting to handle some more errors etc from users feedback - I’m hoping this might help.[/i]