VeraMate Gone For Good??

Sooo I just checked VeraMate’s profile on the forums here and apparently he hasn’t logged in since September 17, 2017…

I don’t think this is good news for any of us VeraMate users now that notifications have stopped working in the app. I’m not sure if he’s ever going to come back here anymore >:(

1 Like

I needed push notification functionality and went the Pushover route. Has actually been a bit of an improvement over VeraMate. Still use VeraMate daily to look at and control stuff. I still think it is the best iPhone interface yet due to one’s ability to customize.

Hey Don - I’m really missing push notifications myself so I’m attempting to get Push Over set up. I created an account with Push Over and I loaded the IOS client. From the Push Over website I can send a test message to mu phone just fine but Vera is the problem. I installed the Push Notification MIOS app and have it configured with a customer app key that I created on the Push Over website but I can’t seem to get test messages from that app to show up on my iPhone. Any guidance…?

I use the Vera Alert plug-in. You can configure it to send notifications to VeraMate (which I did until it broke) or change over to Pushover. That is what I did.

Does Pushover have any advantages over Prowl??

…maybe “Veramate” down. Under IOS 12 beta not starting…:frowning:

I am still on 11.4.1 on an iPhone 6. If indeed 12 breaks VeraMate, I’ll have to look for a replacement or just not upgrade. My 6 is working fine so I will likely skip another new phone cycle.

I’m definitely not going to upgrade if 12 breaks VeraMate…

Ugh this really sucks because I’d imagine it wouldn’t take much for the developer of VeraMate to update the app… it’s bad enough that iOS 11 broke VeraMate’s push notifications but now iOS 12 kills the app entirely?? Not cool at all…

C’mon VeraMate… where are you?? :frowning:

Veramate have ceased…worked out :frowning: No support, no developer,…

I upgraded to IOS 12 and VeraMate no longer works.

If VeraMate is no longer supported, then it should be removed from the Apple store. People should not be paying for an application that is not actively supported. I love the app, but if the developer isn’t going to support it, it needs to go away.

It would be nice if someone could get the app’s source code for future development.

Maybe VERA can get their hands on it? The regular Vera App just isn?t very good. (It doesn?t work with my Trane Thermostats properly.)

VeraMate worked great!

It would be nice if someone could get the app’s source code for future development.

Maybe VERA can get their hands on it? The regular Vera App just isn?t very good. (It doesn?t work with my Trane Thermostats properly.)

VeraMate worked great![/quote]

I sent that request to the developer which turned in to a Veramate “support ticket”. I even dug a little deeper trying to figure out who the actual developer is/was…no luck.

It was a great App! Sorry to see it go.

VeraMate worked great![/quote]

Veramate just updated their status on FB that they’re working on an ios12 fix (which will break the Watch App).

::slight_smile:

That is positive.

A VeraMate Premium update is available and fixes the iOS 12 bug! :grinning:

:slight_smile:
The updates fixes the IOS 12 problem. I am so happy this app is back. It is so much better than any of the others. I really missed it.

Heads up. When I loaded the app, none of the icons on my custom pages work. I have to removed them and add back then they work as before. A bit of a pain, but well worth getting this back.

That is why you cannot delete and then reinstall. The save/restore settings feature does not work.

Does everything work again in the new updated version? What about push notifications? The new version breaks functionality for the Apple Watch?

I guess I made a mistake way back when and while using the free version paid for the upgrade to the premium version through an in-app upgrade… so I was using the premium features but on the green “free” app, rather than the stand-alone premium blue app. I don’t see any option to upgrade so I guess I’ll have to pay for the premium app to upgrade now? The free app always used to push all the new updates to me in the past.