VeraMate for Apple Watch 3

To: developer of VeraMate

I just bought the Apple Watch series 3 with cellular. The VeraMate watch app generally works fine but ONLY IF the iPhone is present. If I turn off my phone (in my watch’s cellular mode), the watch app will stop working.

Any plan to update the watch app so it will work as standalone?

Thanks.

Veramate is not very active in this forum but he just updated Veramate to work with the new iOS 11 so there is hope.

I hope the app can be updated to have the VeraMate app function alone on the Apple watch Gen 3… mine should be delivered in two more days.

Can anyone tell me how well the veramate apple watch app works? What can you do via the watch app? What cant you do? Thanks in advance.

VeraMate app for the Apple Watch has limited functions. I mainly use it to get push notifications on my watch so that I don’t need to look at my phone for alerts. You can check the status and activate the function of devices but it depends on the device.

FWIW, VeraMate pushes those same notifications to my Fitbit.

Does it allow you to turn lights and recepticals on/off?

VeraMate for iPhone/iPad does. Not sure about the Apple Watch 3 app.

I use VeraMate for iphone and I like it. If I could turn on/off lights and plugs I would probably pay for the watch app.

Does it allow you to turn lights and recepticals on/off?[/quote]

Yes, it definitely gives you basic on/off functionality for any device. I’m able to turn lights and outlets on/off with it, as well as work virtual switches and other devices available within the Vera UI.

Does it allow you to turn lights and recepticals on/off?[/quote]

Yes, it definitely gives you basic on/off functionality for any device. I’m able to turn lights and outlets on/off with it, as well as work virtual switches and other devices available within the Vera UI.[/quote]

Thanks for the reply, I am going to give it a try.

VeraMate!

In the future maybe not will working the VeraMate on the apple watch?

"watchOS 4.3.1 it displays a message that says, “The developer of this app needs to update it to improve its compatibility”.

If you tap OK, it will still run the app though, which suggests Apple won’t drop support when the official watchOS 4.3.1 upgrade rolls out. Instead many are speculating the upcoming watchOS 5 will sound the death knell for those apps built using the oldest SDK for the watch."

Guys, check out the VeraMobile for Apple watch as well. You can now control favorited devices and scenes as well as looking at the latest stills of with compatible cameras.

[quote=“slajgaj, post:12, topic:197268”]VeraMate!

In the future maybe not will working the VeraMate on the apple watch?

"watchOS 4.3.1 it displays a message that says, “The developer of this app needs to update it to improve its compatibility”.

If you tap OK, it will still run the app though, which suggests Apple won’t drop support when the official watchOS 4.3.1 upgrade rolls out. Instead many are speculating the upcoming watchOS 5 will sound the death knell for those apps built using the oldest SDK for the watch."
https://www.techradar.com/news/you-may-lose-more-apple-watch-apps-when-watchos-5-rolls-out[/quote]

The developer has been MIA for a few months now. Push notifications stopped working and no response from VeraMate. I still use it but I have moved to Pushover. If I get an Apple Watch, I will not likely use VeraMate.

Sorin!
Ok ,thanks…but i’m using Vera3 UI5 :frowning:

Use the Homewave and the homewave push notifications
VeraMAte worked out…maybe ceased
:‘( :’( :‘( :’( :‘( :’( :cry: