VeraMate Apple Watch App not loading into watch

I have just purchased VeraMate premium then paid for the $0.99 upgrade for the Apple Watch app. I purchased this on my iPad. Then I downloaded VeraMate Premium to my iPhone 5S. I configured the Apple Watch settings in VeraMate. But when I tried to run the VeraMate Apple watch app I could not find it on my Apple Watch. I also ran the iPhone Apple Watch app and could not find the VeraMate watch app listed! And I finally confirmed that I purchased the VeraMate App Watch upgrade by deleting VeraMate on the iPhone, then reinstalling it, then trying to set the VeraMate watch settings again.

So what am I doing wrong?

I fixed the problem after reading Apple’s forums… I had to power off and on my iPhone 5S in order for the VeraMate Apple Watch app to sync and appear on my Apple Watch - peculiar.

So far the Apple Watch app works great! Thanks

There’s been quite a few frustrating hiccups on their software unfortunately. I’m hoping WatchOS 2 will fix most of these. Glad you got it working anyway :slight_smile:

VeraMate: I finally just purchased an Apple Watch and wanted to load VeraMate on there. I have the premium edition features with iWatch support and my VeraMate app is v. 9.7.0.25 under iOS 8.4. When I open up the Apple Watch app on my iPhone I see the VeraMate app listed with the other apps. Opening VeraMate I get at the top an option to “install from TestFlight app…” When I elect that option and TestFlight opens I see the option to “Install on Apple Watch”. However, when I click on it the slider changes to “Installing on Apple Watch” but then quickly changes back without installing the VeraMate app on my Apple Watch. This was one of the first apps I couldn’t wait to use on the Apple Watch. I tried restarting my iPhone but that didn’t have any effect. Any ideas what I’m doing wrong??

Very sorry for missing your reply @agoodman82. Did you manage to sort this? I do seem to remember this problem - I think it might be the case that you need to go to the Apple Watch app, and enable the app to be installed from there, as well as within Testflight. Let me know if it’s still not working, and we’ll sort it…

@ VeraMate – Solved! I got a notification during my vacation a week ago to download VeraMate v9.8.0.7 via Test Flight, and when I got home I was able to test it out and was then able to install VeraMate on my Apple Watch using that new update.

I just started messing with the VeraMate app on my Apple Watch but a issues I’ve noted so far:

1. I have two Foscam Cameras on my Vera system. When I open either of the cameras on my Apple Watch, and then hit the back button to get back to the main screen of the Vera App, none of the other devices will open up afterwards. If I then click on another device to open up, the little swirl shows in the top area of the watch next to the time but the other device won’t open. This appears (to me at least) to only be happening only when I open either of the two cameras on my watch – opening no other device of another type causes this error. The only way I can clear this error where nothing else will open after is to restart my apple watch.

2. I have several Aeon Labs Door/Window sensors. When I open any of these devices on the Apple Watch I am presented with arm/disarm buttons. Clicking on either though won’t change the state of the sensor via the watch. When I change the state of these sensors on my iPhone they do however change on the watch. I just can’t do anything with them via the watch right now. Are these sensors supported yet for the Apple Watch?

3. I have a Radio Thermostat contacted to Vera via the Radio Thermostat plugin. This works perfectly on my VeraMate app on my iPhone. On my Apple Watch the device has an on/off button… no temperature ranges to select from or heating/cooling options. Are not all thermostats supported yet?

I see a lot of cool promise in the Apple Watch features. Just the ability to see a notification on my watch that my Vera system has armed itself after leaving my GeoFence area is amazing :slight_smile:

That’s great. I think it’s just bugs with the Apple installer, as often removing/reinstalling fixes it.

For the other points:

1. I did have another user mention this occurring after opening a cam on the watch, but I thought that had been fixed. I haven’t been able to replicate this… I’ll look into it again.

2. I thought sensors were working… unfortunately my sensor seems to have died so I can’t test this. I’ll try and investigate as well.

3. The beta you’re using has just had thermostat “buttons” added - these shouldn’t have actually been able to be added to the watch yet, as you’re right - they aren’t supported there. I’m going to try and get it working for 9.8, but the watch version may be circa 9.9 now. Either way, stay tuned for the beta updates. :slight_smile: