I have a VeraLite running the latest stable release for VeraLite, version 1.7.1040.
My firewall (Firewalla Gold) is currently set to block any
- Safe Search (on)
from the VeraLite unit, and from the history, it has blocked almost 14k out of the last 15k connections from the Vera, which has me worried.
The top-5 list is:
- youtube.com (7889 blocks)
- clients3.google.com (2810 blocks)
- android.clients.google.com (1970 blocks)
- www.google-analytics.com (846 blocks)
- cast.google.com (347 blocks)
I know that Chromecast Home is the home for ChromeCast, so much of this might be related to that; though, I’m not sure why my Mios would try to access that? Maybe it’s a feature I’m not aware of? But Youtube strikes me as very very odd. Why is it trying to access YouTube??
Here’s a screenshot of the whole block list.
Appreciate any help or insights!