VeraEdge: no access. "Luup engine is taking longer to reload."

Hi,

For a week i have not been able to access my vera edge.
Nothing changed before that, no updates, no new devices.

• No scenes are running
  • Tried several times to reboot, no change
  • direct access also does not help
  • firmware update not successful

I get this error message:
“Luup engine is taking longer to reload.”

Any suggestions what i can do? The support has not replied to me for days, and it starts to get really annoying. :frowning:

Thank you very much!

Have you figured this out? I am having a similar problem with my VeraEdge. It has gone out twice in the last few weeks for days on end, and will not connect to the internet.

Same here, This just happened on Feb 1st and I’ve been down since

Are you guys trying to connect locally or from the outside via servers?
I was not able to connect for a about a week, until yesterday (Vera3/UI5). Local connection was just normal.

If your update failed a you need to power reset and try again, if that doesn’t work they will have you hold down the reset button with a paperclip to wipe the unit clean then you can restore to a previous backup. If that doesn’t work they are going to say unit is bricked.

Calling vera on Monday using a phone is your best bet. For the others you first need to unplug vera and replug back in.

Guys, what browser are you using? I have problems with Internet Explorer but Firefox works as expected. Previously Internet Explorer was working from within my wifi network and only failing when I was accessing Vera Edge remotely.

Maybe that’s your problem. Try using a different browser.

Sorry, i have not been able to fix this issue yet.
I get this error code after i have been provided with two links by the support team:

When you?re on the same network as the Vera controller, please go to the first link:
http://192.168.1.96/cgi-bin/cmh/tech_ra_check.sh?cmd=disable
then go to the second one:
http://192.168.1.96/cgi-bin/cmh/tech_ra.sh

Obviously, the IP address is the internal one of the controller in my network.

“Provide this code: {serial number of my unit}-474501 to the support representative”

I will update as soon as i get a solution.

• I tried several browsers, and the apps (Vera and VeraMate)
  • Update did not fail, it was an option on the trouble shooting page, but nothing happened
  • i could not access the device from network or remotely

Just happened to me yesterday! Anyone thinking maybe there is a problem!

I had the same problem and had to do a hard reset holding in the button with a pin

If you do a hard reset, do you have to pair all the devices again? And before that, unpair them? This would be quite some hassle.

Once you do a reset, you then can use a previous backup that is stored by Vera.

[quote=“legend99, post:11, topic:190929”]Once you do a reset, you then can use a previous backup that is stored by Vera.

^^^^^ Yup as long as you have a back up with Z-wave network! And when you restore you check “restore z-wave network”. This is why before you do an update or any major changes you run a backup, more importantly when you run that backup you use the button to backup the z-wave network first. By default it backups your settings but not all your z-wave devices. Your z-wave device backup is important when your restoring a device that has went missing, lost communication or like in your case missing all z-wave devices.

Just adding my two cents for clarity.

Vera should and usually does perform a Z-Wave network backup when the nightly backup runs, after including a new device. For your safety, in the event that this does not occur as it should, it is best to do a Z-Wave network backup after the successful inclusion or exclusion of a Z-Wave node.

The Z-Wave network backup is stored as file on Vera. That file is included with every Vera backup. But, if you do backups without checking the backup Z-Wave network option, it is possible that the file could be out of date.

When restoring Vera, checking the restore Z-Wave network option applies the Z-Wave network backup file to your Z-Wave dongle. If the Z-Wave network backup file is from a few days ago, that’s probably a good thing, but if it is months or years old, you might have to exclude and include devices that are not part of that backup.

[quote=“Z-Waver, post:13, topic:190929”]Just adding my two cents for clarity.

Vera should and usually does perform a Z-Wave network backup when the nightly backup runs, after including a new device. For your safety, in the event that this does not occur as it should, it is best to do a Z-Wave network backup after the successful inclusion or exclusion of a Z-Wave node.

The Z-Wave network backup is stored as file on Vera. That file is included with every Vera backup. But, if you do backups without checking the backup Z-Wave network option, it is possible that the file could be out of date.

When restoring Vera, checking the restore Z-Wave network option applies the Z-Wave network backup file to your Z-Wave dongle. If the Z-Wave network backup file is from a few days ago, that’s probably a good thing, but if it is months or years old, you might have to exclude and include devices that are not part of that backup.[/quote]

Thanks for this!

Good news,

The support has been able to fix the issue remotely. All back to normal.
I did not have to do a hard reset, apparently they could update the firmware, as well as installing a working backup.
All devices and scenes are working again.

Thumbs up for great support.

So if you have the same issue, they can help you.

Thanks everyone!

Hello I am a newbie. I had the same problem as you all have described and when I logged in thru the website and tried to connect it would time out. I have the vera edge connected to my modem via an ethernet connection. I was using Windows 10’s Edge. I then switched over to IE that is still available in Windows 10 and was able to connect to the vera edge through the website. I also was able to connect to the vera edge through the internal IP address as well. Hope this helps someone.

You’re best off if you use Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome with Vera. Internet Explorer is known to have issues, as well as Edge, Safari…

Thanks Z-Waver. I think I will try Firefox. I got IE to work but for how long and edge definitely does not work.

I figure exactly the same problem, I contacted the support by mail, I hope they will fix the problem.

For the benefit of anyone else experiencing this issue, I thought I would share my experience. I received my first Vera product today, a Vera Plus, I set everything up on IE, all went well, then all of a sudden I started to get this error. I restored the unit to factory settings, then tried to connect, same issue. Tried a second and third reset to no avail. Just as I was about to give up and prepare to send this brand new brick back to the supplier I found this thread. Tried again with firefox and bingo. None of that makes any sense to me and the best part is that I have to go through the whole set up again as I don’t have a back up. Can’t really say my first impressions of Vera are that good.