VeraEdge migration

I would like to buy a VeraEdge but before, I have some questions about the capabilities and the backward compatibility of this component…

1. Is it fully backward compatible with applications (plugin) available on Vera and veralite ?

2. Is it possible to easily add an external USB drive to record son cameras based on movement detection ? And if yes, do you know the maximum number of parallel recordings it could support ? If not, what is the best way to record without having to buy expensive material ?

3. Is the DSC alarm plugin has been tested with VeraEdge ? Or Is it better to use the VeraEdge as an alarm system, and is it easily configurable for this purpose ?

4. What is the best way to control blinds ? I didn’t found zwave component to control blinds… Any suggestions would be appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not yet. Not all plugins work with ui7 or with the edge. You need to check individal plugins for that info. It’s up to the developer of that plugin to make it compatible. Some only make it for one version and have no interest in updating it others already have updated it.

[quote=“Raynaldg, post:1, topic:185132”]2. Is it possible to easily add an external USB drive to record son cameras based on movement detection ? And if yes, do you know the maximum number of parallel recordings it could support ? If not, what is the best way to record without having to buy expensive material ?[/quote] No Vera is not a DVR. It’s not powerful enough to stream or record video. It can take snapshot and it can pass threw some video but it has limitations and I always tell people its not made for this. There is alot of camera plugins and stuff for this. I use Blueiris software and there is a plugin for it.

[quote=“Raynaldg, post:1, topic:185132”]3. Is the DSC alarm plugin has been tested with VeraEdge ? Or Is it better to use the VeraEdge as an alarm system, and is it easily configurable for this purpose ?[/quote] No alarms currently work with EDGE yet. The USB to Serial adaptors needed to connect the edge to the alarm panel (or other things) are currently not working and support is working on it. They don’t work fast so it maybe tomorrow or next month.

[quote=“Raynaldg, post:1, topic:185132”]4. What is the best way to control blinds ? I didn’t found zwave component to control blinds… Any suggestions would be appreciated[/quote] You can find solutions in the section of the forum related to this. There is a ton of different product and different ways to control blinds. From wireless to wired.