VeraEdge Help Install

The tech guy from Vera (as I said) ran two scripts to update the edge from root. I do not have the files as they were downloaded from the vera cloud.

Good luck homesmokes.

I understand your problem, just be known that they normally take along time to respond to emails. There is alot of posts on here stating they haven’t heard back for weeks and it’s always email. Every time I call they answer (which is not always the case according to others).

If you can’t get to the UI to do an upgrade they probley wont post a “how to” repair. I think they would rather have people call in and have them fix it, then giving SSH instructions online as they don’t know who and how capable the person on the other end is.

I called last night at 5PM EST and left a message. I received a call back ad 8PM EST.
In 20 min I was up and running.
Tech support got on my system and right away knew what was wrong based on my description and the mount issue in the log. He explained about the bad image on the servers. They are getting slammed with calls to rectify the issue. The tech support engineer advised to call in if any other help is needed and if no answer leave a message and they will get back to you/us.

Posting the solution on the wiki is like giving a monkey a wrench and telling him to fix your car. Not everyone should be under the hood f’ing about.

However, Vera should post a CSB or email all those who registered a device or new account in the last 7-10 days that they may be experiencing this “CSB” (Customer Service Bulletin)

Keep it sleazy.

[quote=“shadytaco, post:43, topic:185144”]I called last night at 5PM EST and left a message. I received a call back ad 8PM EST.
In 20 min I was up and running. [/quote]

This has always been my experience without them even having to call back. But I see alot of pissed off posts from customers on here that emailed VERA a week ago, and they haven’t heard back. This is usually followed by rants of throwing away their Vera or shipping them back and on and on because of a bad device and customer service when usually a 20 or 30min phone call could save them frustration, time and the view they have of the product.

[quote=“shadytaco, post:43, topic:185144”]Tech support got on my system and right away knew what was wrong based on my description and the mount issue in the log. He explained about the bad image on the servers. They are getting slammed with calls to rectify the issue. The tech support engineer advised to call in if any other help is needed and if no answer leave a message and they will get back to you/us.

Posting the solution on the wiki is like giving a monkey a wrench and telling him to fix your car. Not everyone should be under the hood f’ing about.

However, Vera should post a CSB or email all those who registered a device or new account in the last 7-10 days that they may be experiencing this “CSB” (Customer Service Bulletin)[/quote]

I couldn’t agree more.

I sent an email to their support 2 days ago.

for my surprised, today i was contacted via email asking for an landline number. 1 minute after my answer phone ringed.

they did an logmein session and in 20 minutes was fixed.

Nice!!!

i recommend you this approach.

I just set up a Vera Edge on Jan 2/2015. It was less than 15 minutes but it do some funky stuff. It went into an upgrade. It kind of got stuck in the upgrade and flashed seemed to be confused. I waiting about 5 minutes after it had said “this should take up to 2 minutes” Finally unplugged power supply and waited… I was able to log into vera website and then eventually into my unit… Took about 2 tries… It upgraded FW about a few days after that…

I did have a hard time with the renaming the wifi from Mios-serial number to something of my choice - like 5 tries.

I say it is buggy but given my first set up, it was ok…

terryfed

It seems that some users of malfunction Vera Edge controller has got better luck than rest of us :frowning:
Let me ask a question : Is anyone from Europe who’s got support from Vera in this issue ? Thx for info

I live in Sweden and received an Edge device two days ago which didn?t work (only Internet and Wifi lights was lit)
So I emailed the support team yesterday morning.

A few hours later I received a reply asking for my land line number and yesterday evening they called.

They used join.me to remote control my PC and connected to the Vera device using Putty.

Ran two commands which downloaded OpenWRT and then applied the upgrade.
15minutes later my device had 5 solid lights and was working as expected.

i am from europe, i email support 4 days ago, no answer yet.
But i fixed it myself in the meantime, it is pretty easy

[quote=“duchm1ak, post:47, topic:185144”]It seems that some users of malfunction Vera Edge controller has got better luck than rest of us :frowning:
Let me ask a question : Is anyone from Europe who’s got support from Vera in this issue ? Thx for info[/quote]

I am from The Netherlands and called them this week for the same issues. I emailed but didn’t hear anything so i called them. First two calls went to the voicemail (that means lines are busy) third was succesful. The support rep quickly identified the problem and started a remote session to fix my unit. During the remote session you can hang up the phone as there is an option to chat. All in all it took 15 min.

Good luck in getting your unit fixed!

I live in Sweden (+1GMT) and I was contacted by Vera support within 24hours to supply a phone number, however here is what I did in order for them to solve it without requiring to call me (and avoid me sitting by the phone several hours waiting for a call):

1. I ensured router has a static IP assigned to my Vera.
  2. I forwarded port 22 (UDP+TCP) in the router to that IP and verified I can connect to that IP with SSH (e.g. putty). (Important it is acessible externally in order for support to be able to connect to it).
  3. I determined which external IP I had ( www.google.se/search?client=opera&q=whats+my+ip )
  4. I collected the serial, MAC and “HOME id” from the back of Vera Edge back (not sure if they need this)
  5. Replied to the support email providing External IP and above collected data.
  6. Support connected and fixed my router without having to call me and now it is working.

Note there are available Monday to Friday, from 3 AM to 9 PM EST, but at least today they worked on Saturday as well.

HTH

p.s. Don’t forget after fix is completed to remove the port forwarding to port 22 unless you actually want to use it d.s.

tried to send you a PM but it won’t let me…

tried to send you a PM but it won’t let me…[/quote]

You don’t have enough posts yet to send a PM