Veraalerts upgrade to UI7

Any ETA on the UI7 version of Veralerts and can you add alerts to UI7?

I thought the UI5 version wasn’t working but the Device Identifier changed for some reason. Changed it and now its working again. I was gonna add some scenes to Veralerts but I guess UI7 doesn’t have a way to do this or am I missing something?

I will release what I have for UI7 this weekend.
I do not plan to upgrade my personal system anytime don.

Super :slight_smile:

[quote=“RichardTSchaefer, post:3, topic:182588”]I will release what I have for UI7 this weekend.
I do not plan to upgrade my personal system anytime don.[/quote]

Thank you Richard, been going crazy without having veraalert not working on my UI7. ;D

You created a tool that many of us can’t go without.

Has Vera Alert 6.11 worked for anybody?

I am having issues with Vera Alert profiles not saving most of the time, but sometimes it does.

Also, its not detecting the notifications, its showing blank.

I removed the old version and installed the new one, maybe I made it more complicated when I did that.

UI7 has some serious state management problems. I have already reported these to MCV.

ON UI7 … When editing ANY plugins … refresh the browser BEFORE making changes … if you down’t you can loose some previous changes.

You are right Richard, it is not usual for me to have to clear my cache to get some things working.

I am used to it because my device came with UI6, it did the same on UI6.

I did clear my cache and was able to get the profile to show my id

The one issue I still have is the Notification Configuration does not detect any of the Notifications I have created.

Don’t know if this is because UI7 does not have the notifications attached to the device but instead it required a scene to be created for notification.

I have created the notifications via scene and they work to email, maybe there is a different way that this notifications are supposed to be configured before VeraAlert detects them

Also it looks like VeraAlert 6.11 is causing my Vera to continue to show an error cannot write user data on the Alert window.

The message only shows up if I have VeraAlert installed, I tested installing other apps and it looks like its coming from VeraAlert.

One thing that I noticed is that settings stick better when using Chrome, than with IE. I found it impossible to get the profile settings to stick in IE.

veraalerts 6.25 has been working great on ui7

but then decided to disabled vera system email alerts to move those to veraalerts too, and went to add smtp alert profile in a scene, when I make the change it shows updated in scene, but doesn’t update, do I need to do something special to get that to automatically update? it does still show updated when go back into scenes, just not sending to both profiles profile1,profile2

both profiles work fine as when do a send test from app on both, they work fine, just scene is not taking the change

ETA : I made some changes in the settings tab, setting the default user and think it updated somehow by doing that cause works now

ETA2 : it reverted back to the old setting of just one profile again, but scene still shows both

ETA3 : it’s too early in the morning, I was testing with the scene play button, but then using the wrong scenes device :slight_smile: everything is good

I’m trying to buy a license and register Vera alerts in UI7. The app page says to purchase from the register tab in the device settings. All I get is a box to add my registration Id.

“You can purchase your license from the Registration Portal, which is accessible from the Plugin Device. You can always go back to the Registration portal if you want to obtain an additional license and/or retrieve your license key.”

Am I missing something?

[quote=“homeuser, post:12, topic:182588”]I’m trying to buy a license and register Vera alerts in UI7. The app page says to purchase from the register tab in the device settings. All I get is a box to add my registration Id.

“You can purchase your license from the Registration Portal, which is accessible from the Plugin Device. You can always go back to the Registration portal if you want to obtain an additional license and/or retrieve your license key.”

Am I missing something?[/quote]

In your picture right below where you put your key, there is a button on the left says registration portal. click that. After you click to the right of that verify. After key is entered above.

You mean the super obvious link that only a bone head wouldn’t notice. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks

You mean the super obvious link that only a bone head wouldn’t notice. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks[/quote]

No not that one. ;D