VeraAlerts - detect failure conditions

All of my alerts through VeraAlerts are done using LUA (luup.call_action(“urn:richardgreen:serviceId:VeraAlert1”…)

Due to some recent internet connectivity problems, I’ve been losing too many alerts, so I’ve also started switching to a LAN profile (with a ping to my fixed ip android phone to detect if it’s on the home network) - in most cases that works well - though sometimes for no reason I can fathom the LAN alerts stop arriving on my phone (even though I can ping it and the port hasn’t changed). There are lot of reasons why that can happen so I’m not intending to try and diagnose that issue. But what I’d like to do is if a an alert to a LAN profile fails then send it again to the Mobile profile. Is there any return code or something I can check for? The luup.call_action just seems to return 0 each time, even if I send an alert to a blatantly wrong ip address (I guess it’s timing out).

If there are any other strategies I’d be happy to hear them. I have tried using both mobile and LAN profiles at the same time, but in most cases I then get two alerts on my phone.