VeraAlerts and Pushover/Pushbullet

Hi all,

I didn’t like the built in Vera notifications so I installed VeraAlerts and tried both Pushbullet and Pushover for iOS. I have a few questions if someone can help.

For pushbullet, the native notification on the lock screen just says “Vera” in the message and you have to open the app to see the actual message. Does anyone know if there is a way to fix this?

I like Pushover and am willing to pay a small license fee, but I am not finding how their fee works. I can do a $5 in-app purchase, but I don’t know if that is the only purchase I’ll ever need to make? I created a new application in pushover and there was some messaging about licensing for the application but I’m not sure if there is actually any cost per application.

Can anyone help me out?

So i found the answer to my own question. The license is $5 per platform, meaning iOS, Android, or desktop. The license is a one-time fee.

If you’re interested in nicer notifications than what Vera offers natively, I would suggest looking into VeraAlerts + Pushover.

A nice feature would be if Vera allowed us to customize the device and scene notification messages to our own liking, but this works for now.

VeraAlerts/Pushover is what I started using a few months ago when the VeraMate alerts stopped working.