Vera3 down

We setup a Vera3 in our vacation rental building, outdoor in the front porch area. We put it in a tupperware and everythign was working great for a month, and all of sudden it stopped pinging anything this past Thursday and I just realized that yesterday. Hubby went there and saw that all light ok on Vera except the zwave ligt that was not on. He tried zwave button, but no good. He powered off and now all lights are on and it’s back to normal, working again.

What should we do in the future to prevent this from happening. Anyone knows?

Thanks!

I would suggest putting it inside in the climate controlled area. You did not specify the climate but sealed in a tupperware container one or more of the following may have caused damage:

• condensation may have formed inside and caused a short or corrosiion
  • Excessive heat might have caused the unit to overheat and get damaged
  • Excessive cold might have caused damage due to expansion or contraction of components.

Vera really is not designed, to be deployed outside a climate controlled environment.

I would put a timer on the power supply so that it resets every couple of days. Resolves many issues.

[quote=“BOFH, post:2, topic:181452”]I would suggest putting it inside in the climate controlled area. You did not specify the climate but sealed in a tupperware container one or more of the following may have caused damage:

• condensation may have formed inside and caused a short or corrosiion
  • Excessive heat might have caused the unit to overheat and get damaged
  • Excessive cold might have caused damage due to expansion or contraction of components.

Vera really is not designed, to be deployed outside a climate controlled environment.[/quote]

I completely agree with this.

You have an issue that you need to fix if you need to do this. I have 2 Vera’s and one is in another state. I never had to reset either but it quit working. Sounds like you have an issue that needs to be fixed, and timer to reboot it doesn’t count as fixed.