Vera3 died. How to "exclude" my 60 devices from it

Hi
My vera3 died somehow… it’s like the ZWAVE emitter is no longer working? the zwave “led” on the controller won’t stay on, and my UI5 panel says “ZWave : Failed To Start” I tried a few things (like restoring a previous backup didn’t help… neither doing a Factory-reset… no luck it seems) I will continue to try a few more things like perhaps flashing the firmware but if you have any ideas, please help.
Anyway, I also thought that maybe it’s a sign that I should make the move to my Vera-Edge (UI7) (I bought it many months ago, but only been using it to test stuff) but if I decide to go that route, how can I “exclude” those device out of the dead vera3 so that I can include them into my vera-edge???.. Because I guess my 60 nodes are still assigned to my Vera3 and I won’t be able to include them in my VeraEdge???
Thx
Claude

Any controller can exclude devices not joined to it. Just set the Edge into exclude mode and exclude each device. Then include them back to the Edge.

UI7 will allow you to exclude a device when you try to add it if noticing the device is already linked with another controller and will run an exclude. After that you can add it normally.

I moved a rarely used plugin switch from my Ui5 Vera3 to my UI7 Vera3 to provide a ‘repeater’ for some of my sensors. Which is when I found the above behavior.

[quote=“fouclo62, post:1, topic:188911”]Hi
My vera3 died somehow… it’s like the ZWAVE emitter is no longer working? the zwave “led” on the controller won’t stay on, and my UI5 panel says “ZWave : Failed To Start” I tried a few things (like restoring a previous backup didn’t help… neither doing a Factory-reset… no luck it seems) I will continue to try a few more things like perhaps flashing the firmware but if you have any ideas, please help.
Anyway, I also thought that maybe it’s a sign that I should make the move to my Vera-Edge (UI7) (I bought it many months ago, but only been using it to test stuff) but if I decide to go that route, how can I “exclude” those device out of the dead vera3 so that I can include them into my vera-edge???.. Because I guess my 60 nodes are still assigned to my Vera3 and I won’t be able to include them in my VeraEdge???
Thx
Claude[/quote]

Have you call support. I thought the same thing on my EDGE (z-wave took a crap) with a “Z-wave Failed to start” and it was all related to the latest updates and one device. They fixed it over the phone for me and I downgraded and havent had a problem since. There has also been other posts with same problem finding out one z-wave sensor was causing the problem. Don’t condem the controller yet.

Thanks. I guess I could try them, although I’m not sure how much they still support us on UI5 / Vera3… we shall see :wink:

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,33878.msg248800.html#msg248800

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,27518.msg196467.html#msg196467

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,17862.msg138983.html#msg138983

The last link also had similer problem but his was a loose z-wave chip. So a few more possibilities for you to look at.