Vera2 DNS issue

My Vera2 with UI5 and latest firmware keeps trying to be the DNS server. I have a router that does my dhcp and dns. I have gone in to the advanced network section and changed the internet connection (wan) and set it to manual. IO ahve also diabled wifi and dhcp server in the advanced section as well.
It mainly couses issues with my Integra/Onkyo AV Receiver, but I sometimes get issues with my Windows PC. I do an ipconfig -all and the DHCP server is my router but the DNS server shown is the Vera2.
Can anybody please help.

Please do a search there are several posts about this.

• Garrett

Thankyou for the comment. I have done a search but nothing came up for Vera2. There were some comments about veralite and that this issue was fixed with the latest firmware, however I have the latest firmware and still have the issue.
If anybodies got a suggestion, that would be awesome.

bucket23,

Please enable tech support and submit a trouble ticket directly from Vera’s Dashboard and we will investigate further.

Thank you!

This happened to me on Vera 3 when I tried to connect it to the LAN via WiFi.
In that configuration there is no way to disable the DNS server … So I hooked it up to the router via CAT5 and disabled the Wifi on the Vera3.
I assume this is a “Feature” of UI5.

[quote=“bucket23, post:1, topic:172666”]My Vera2 with UI5 and latest firmware keeps trying to be the DNS server. I have a router that does my dhcp and dns. I have gone in to the advanced network section and changed the internet connection (wan) and set it to manual. IO ahve also diabled wifi and dhcp server in the advanced section as well.
It mainly couses issues with my Integra/Onkyo AV Receiver, but I sometimes get issues with my Windows PC. I do an ipconfig -all and the DHCP server is my router but the DNS server shown is the Vera2.
Can anybody please help.[/quote]

Dito, Dito, Dito! My Onkyo networked receiver won’t stream if the Vera (2) with ui5 is powered up. I’m not convinced it’s dns, but I’m all ears.

I have factory reset and reverted to ui4. Testing now and will report over here. [URL=http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=11478.0]http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=11478.0[/URL]

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Sorry for double posts:
I own a Vera2. And I discovered this strange behaviour today.

my Vera2 is connect to my wireless accespoint (Fritzbox 7390) which is the DHCP server and DNS server.

Now, all my clients receive IP adresses via that ritz box. I can see al my clients in my fritzbox.

But DNS is suddenly the IP of my Vera2 in the clients… That is unwanted behaviour…

I disable the DHCP server on my Vera2 via the advanced networking part (login with root an pw) but this also doesnt help.

Why is this an issue?

1. I do not wan me vera to be DNS server in my local network… This gives errors in communication as I want my fritzbox to be the DNS server.
  2. I have lots of time a “slow Vera2” and during that time this also impacts the “DNS responses” of the vera2, resulting in unavailability of my internet acces.

How can I diable this DNS behaviour?

And how is it even possible that my Vera overules the DNS (only!) part of the DHCP response!?

Please do not double post, in your case triple post. It is considered rude. See answer here:

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=9895.msg128147.msg#128147

• Garrett