Vera to sq blaster over wifi?

I hope this isn’t a silly question but I can’t seem to find the answer anywhere.

Is impossible to use the sq blaster as an IR squished from Vera over wifi ordoes ithave to be over USB?

I ask because the two devices will be in separate rooms.

Also, how intelligent is the learning capability on sq as I am hoping to connect an AXA rv-2900 window lifter over to it, this is a Devi e that I am guessing is pretty secure, since it won’t allow more than one programmed remote to activate it, some sort of rolling code maybe?

[quote=“confuserated, post:1, topic:167954”]Is impossible to use the sq blaster as an IR squished from Vera over wifi ordoes ithave to be over USB?

I ask because the two devices will be in separate rooms.[/quote]

SQBlaster is a wifi device. You can (using the plugin, use from Vera as well as directly controlled from SQ Remote).

The learning has been found to be pretty good… there are a couple of air-conditioning units that can be difficult to record, and we are working on a product later this year to solve that issue. The device sounds intriguing, I have never heard of an IR controlled device that allows only one remote to control it! I think you have to try it to find out.

If you have a specific application, feel free to buy a unit, try it and if it doesn’t work for your application and we can’t help you to get it to work, we offer a full money back guarantee.

Mat

Given that programming an opener comprises just pushing the Open button on the remote while the opener is in programming mode, it could just be that each remote may just transmit a unique 32-bit code that gets stored in the opener?

Given that programming an opener comprises just pushing the Open button on the remote while the opener is in programming mode, it could just be that each remote may just transmit a unique 32-bit code that gets stored in the opener?[/quote]

Yes, that sounds very plausible. I’m hoping that it doesn’t have some sort of two way comms

[quote=“SquareConnectMat, post:2, topic:167954”][quote=“confuserated, post:1, topic:167954”]Is impossible to use the sq blaster as an IR squished from Vera over wifi ordoes ithave to be over USB?

I ask because the two devices will be in separate rooms.[/quote]

SQBlaster is a wifi device. You can (using the plugin, use from Vera as well as directly controlled from SQ Remote).

The learning has been found to be pretty good… there are a couple of air-conditioning units that can be difficult to record, and we are working on a product later this year to solve that issue. The device sounds intriguing, I have never heard of an IR controlled device that allows only one remote to control it! I think you have to try it to find out.

If you have a specific application, feel free to buy a unit, try it and if it doesn’t work for your application and we can’t help you to get it to work, we offer a full money back guarantee.

Mat[/quote]

Wow! Amazing. Thanks! You definitely have a deal :0)

And sorry for all the typos, typing on an iPhone drives me potty!

It looked like the remote only has a single IR LED.

But I agree that it might be a bit surprising if it this simple (i.e. static code).

to be honest, I don’t need much motivation to get one since the blaster will also be sitting opposite a TV and media center ;D hours of fun…

I’m surprised to see that it will work over wifi with vera as it didn’t seem that way from the posts I’ve read. Although it makes more sense that it does.

I agree it may be more complicated since the device info seems to indicate that security is a strong point, and just putting out the same IR code every time you press the button doesn’t seem very secure, especially since you can easily capture this.

FYI The Blaster has 3 LED’s giving it excellent front blasting coverage. It also has an IR out port that will run up to 6 IR emitter heads.

Thanks, I’ve bought one already as it happens (not yet arrived) couldn’t resist after playing with the iPhone app, which is very impressive b.t.w. Just waiting for the window motors to arrive. I can see having a few of these around the house as the integration with Vera is pretty good (I’m no power user though)

If the windows use a “dumb” 2-wire DC motor (assuming DC most are) you might be able to hack in a DC Z-Wave Window Shade Controller like a DBMZ. Once it runs a calibration sequence, you will be able to open the windows to different percentages. Somfy’s Mingardi window openers are compatible with shade motor controllers and that is how they integrate them with the shades on a common system.

My guess is the IR Remote is paired to the device during setup where they agree on a rolling code. Then the Remote just fires off commands “coded” to that device with the common code. Chances are each command can still easily be learned by SQ Remote, given that it uses a standard protocol (which it propbably has to). Just a guess, but I am thinking it’ll work.

edit: after reading the cut sheet it seems you can put all of the windows onto a common remote, but once programmed no outside remote can operate them (unless you had 4 million unique remotes and some time). If in fact it turns out it can be learned then you might consider the Z-Wave conversion if you’re concerned about security. You’d have to convert to LV Power Supply instead of batteries to use Z-Wave, FYI.

Thanks for that shady, I’ll have a look at the Mingardi stuff just in case there is something appropriate, although, I think AXA do 24V stuff as well, so I’ll check. I didn’t think of using the dbmz actually, that is quite a good idea.

The reason I’m looking at the AXA motors is that they can be used on low voltage power supplies as well as that gives me some much easier and tidier options for routing the power underneath the external roof tiles (I’m pretty sure that would be against building regulations to do the same with AC power lines!!), but that’s all.

I’ve already got the SQ Blaster just because I think it is an elegant addition to my vera systems and I really like the iphone app as it is so customisable.

It looks like the DBMZ can only supply 0.5A which is quite low for most window motors, especially since I want to drive three off the thing!

Has anyone added a 24V DC relay to these which can sense polarity reversal?

I guess I may have to post this question elsehwere as well…

In my opinion there are two ways to connect a axa rv 2900 / remote 2.0 to the vera

1-infrared: via a modified original remote or via a ir blaster
2-wired via rj25. it looks possible to send serial commands.

I would love to have a solution to control multiple rv 2900’s via a vera controller.
Maybe there is somebody on the forum with arduino / plugin skills to make this happen.

http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=496&start=60