Vera service (or lack of)

When you set your Meshbot to Execute actions sequentially, the controller waits for an action to be executed before trying to execute the next one.
Adding delays will set a timer for the actions to be executed after a period of time when the trigger conditions are true.

Everything about execution policies from Mios - Help - Execution Policies:

Execution policies are rules that let you define the sequence and conditions under which your actions are run. For example, you might want your actions to execute in order from top-to-bottom, or for the action group/scene to stop if a specific action fails.

There are two types of action execution rules – Global and Individual.

• Global Rules – Global rules apply to all actions that have ‘Inherit Global Setting’ as their individual rule. You apply global rules from the drop-down at the top of the action module:

• Individual Rules – Individual rules apply to specific actions in the action group/scene. Individual rules supersede global rules if the two have different settings. You apply individual rules from the action itself:

The following global execution policies are available:

Execute in parallel

• EZLogic runs all actions independently.
  • The success or failure of an action does not affect the running of other actions.
  • EZLogic does not wait for (long-running) actions to complete before running the next action.

Execute sequentially

• EZLogic runs all actions in order from top (first) to bottom (last).
  • EZLogic waits for the current action to complete before running the next action.
  • The success or failure of an action does not affect the running of the next action.

Execute sequentially only if previous action succeeds

• EZLogic runs all actions in order from top (first) to bottom (last).
  • EZLogic waits for the current action to complete before running the next action.
  • EZLogic will only proceed to the next action IF the current action is successful. If an action fails then EZLogic will not run any actions that come after the failed action.

Inherit Global Setting (individual rules only)

• The action will use whatever setting is used as the global rule. For example, if the global rule is ‘Execute sequentially’ then the action will also use ‘Execute sequentially’.
  • As a reminder, the individual rule supersedes the global rule if the two are different. For example, if the global rule is ‘Execute in Parallel’ but the individual rule is ‘Execute Sequentially’, then the action will use ‘Execute Sequentially’.

General Advice

EZLogic always runs actions in order from top (first) to bottom (last), regardless of your setting for the global or individual rules.

For example, the following setup will wait until action 1 is complete before moving onto action 2, and will wait for action 3 to complete successfully before moving to action 4:

Global rule – ‘Execute Actions in Parallel

Action 1 – Execute next action sequentially

Action 2 – Inherit Global Setting

Action 3 – Execute next action sequentially if successful

Action 4 – Inherit Global Setting

Tip – You can drag and drop individual actions to resequence them in the list (hold left-click on the left of the action box):

Thank you for your comments:

Your LUX-based Meshbots don’t seem to be properly configured f.e:

We suggest to configure them using the ezlogic.mios.com website only.
This could be the reason why they are not executing actions. Please configure them properly or let us know about the actions you need to execute, so we can add them to the Meshbot for you.

Pearl thermostat:
As mentioned in a different thread, we’ve tested your setup and it should allow you to change values as shown below:

CentralitePearl

We did find an issue with the limits shown on the website since it is supposed to handle temperatures up to 86 degrees and the website allows you to set it to 72. This was reported on your behalf and it’s under review: ECS-1213. You can still set the thermostat to supported temperatures through Meshbots as you have been doing.

That is because your system keeps deleting devices or triggers and don’t know why this is the 14th time i have had to put devices back into my meshbots you need to fix this issue. Every time ezlogic gets updated i have to go thru every one of my meshbots to see which have been altered and i am tired of this
Check my backuo from a week or two ago to see for yourself
Thank you

It would be good to commit so of these responses to a wiki or web page. This one is quite instructive on the subtleties regarding order of priority which can become important in more complex meshbots…

You shouldn’t have to troll through a user group to find answers like these.

Well today 9-10-2023 all meshbots are totally filled in, and it makes no difference I could just as easily not have meshbots as have them.
Also, today my controller will not go into Inclusion mode, just sits there with the Aqua colored light ON.
I am using my Android phone to log into my Vera account but makes no difference, so now what.
You worry about one meshbot not be configured correctly, well here is your software not functioning .

Here you want pictures of a piece of non-functioning software 1.64.2

Hi @curiousB

@Alvaro_Ochoa already gave the links to the HELP WEBSITE , check the link please in the post.

1 Like

This is not replicating on our end.
Could you please try deleting the browser cache and the Indexed Database?

Go to your browser’s Developers options (Chrome: Press F12 or Ctrl+Shift+I) > Application > IndexedDB > ezlodashboard > Delete database.

ezgif.com-video-to-gif (6)

@Alvaro_Ochoa When did you record that video ? According to developer Efe the IndexedDB is no longer present or being used.

I see no such IndexedDB anymore.

You could try instead clicking the “Clear Site Data” button though.

I’ve had similar issues where devices from triggers and actions in Meshbot rules just vanish.

You are correct. Still, his interface problems (empty backup list or devices list) are likely related to the browser.

Yes I would try deleting all browsing data from the browser and try again.

To do this in Chrome

I have just checked and I also have similar issues now with the Backups not being listed. I have asked the developers to check it out.

I recorded this screen about 3 or 4 days ago.
My scenes that use LUX still do not work at any reliable rate and have icons that say unit is ON but it is not and also have icon s not showing units that are ON

I’ve seen before issues with some devices on the dynamic dashboard where their states are wrong. Usually clearing the browser cache fixed it.

Regarding LUX I havent tried that myself in a Meshbot rule trigger. What is happening or not happening as the case may be?

Is it not triggering the rule when you expect?

Regarding the backups not being listed the devs are aware and looking into it. Apparently there was some back-end changes to where backups get stored and it is related to that so they said.

Not only do the scenes not trigger when they should but most of the time they just will not work also getting devices not reachable bit cleaning browser does nothing but some times restarting the unit can help but later in the day they may be reachable and then others go unreachable

The issues with ver 1.64.2 continue I have non-working meshbots I have lights coming ON at 3:00 am or 4:00 am or randomly I have devices being created for no reason I have to re-boot controller several times a day and it only get worse each day.
I also have LUX device that has external power supply showing only 5% battery life , I have outdoor device who is constantly saying it is un-reachable outlet modules saying the same thing and that varies by the hour and the day.
This needs to be addressed because after 2 years this is un-acceptable.
Have tried dozens of time to get these items addressed but each time there is a update it get worse.
Need results with LUX sensors need resolution of un-reachable need reults on devices being ramandly activatied etc

Ezlo devices 2023-09-20_11-49-42

newest Dashboard version has completely gone nuts 1.65.2.
I now have Icons that I have no idea what module they belong to. I have to wait yp to 5 x longer for it to show Dashboard.
I have modules that it says it an not reach and most are within 2 feet of the unit.
I have to keep rebooting the Ezlo and when I do I gewt different modules that are not reachable .
I am running ver 2.0.44.227911 firmware.
I have both triggers as well as Actios that are being deleted from my meshbots and this issue happens everytime a new version of ezlolgic is updaed
I have issues with Pearl Thermostat that you closed my ticket withot ecver fixing the issue.
Just can’t wait until release of a actual working version

I am wondering was it only some or all your Meshbot rules affected ?

Some of mine were but not all. Trying to figure out why.

Hi @NCDude,

Making the platform stable is our #1 priority and we already rolled out a firmware update jsut to make sure we refresh all zwave connections everyday automatically. Alongside many other improvements.

Let me summarize the problems you have , and I will ask you a bit more information for those to help identify the real cause.

1. Random devices displayed as unreachable on ezlogic dashboard
  2. Random meshbots not working
  3. Random meshbots losing triggers or actions
  4. Random devices triggering
  5. LUX sensors with external power supply show wrong battery info
  6. You see “unassigned” devices in the ezlogic Devices list
  7. Dashboard takes 5x longer to load
  8. Dashboard show tiles which you have no idea which device they represent
  9. Issues with pearl thermostat

So lets take down those one by one.
So if it is possible do not restore a backup until we get the detailed logs from the controller.

@SaraV or @Alvaro_Ochoa can you help getting the logs pls.

@NCDude I will send you a private message as well.

Hello @NCDude!

I’ve just finished logging your controller’s information and redirected it. However, please ping me and let me know if you experience issues again with the exact time it happened (if possible) to take a closer look!