Vera Secure vs. ezlo

I have been a Vera user for about 10 years, and I have some questions:

1. Is Vera Secure being phased out?
  2. How much longer will Vera be supported?
  3. What are the advantages of Ezlo?
  4. How difficult is it to set my existing Vera Scenes and associated Zwave devices to Ezlo?
  5. If I decide to switch over to Ezlo, would the Ezlo Secure Hub be my best bet?

Many thanks!

1 Like

I have pretty much the same questions. I’d like to add one more.

1. Is the Ezlo Secure available in EU yet? If not, when?

@Marchwind1949 we no longer manufacture Vera controllers, however, we still provide support for them.

Ezlo controllers are Linux-based. Some of the hardware improvements of the Ezlo Secure:

Quad-Core Cortex-A7 ARM CPU
EMMC 16GB
Zigbee 3.0
Li-ion battery 5000mAh

The main differences between the Ezlo Secure and Plus are the built-in speaker, built-in battery, and 2GIG capability (and 4G LTE capability for the future Protect service).

We have a way to migrate devices from Vera to Ezlo and we are working on a tool for you to do it on your end.
The migration process has a decent success rate, especially for non-battery-powered and binary devices. You may need to repair sensors, for example. We don’t have a way to migrate scenes, however, we have now a powerful tool called Meshbots that will allow you to create both simple and complex automation without code or extra plugins:

@Jesfer we expect to have the Ezlo Plus available for the European market in late January 2023.