Vera "reset Z-wave network" - effect on Z-wave devices?

Until recently I used a Vera 2 as my Z-wave controller. I’ve replaced it with a Vera 3, which I configured by restoring a backup made from the old Vera 2.

I now want to set up a separate Z-wave test network on the Vera 2 unit, so I want to do a factory reset or Z-wave network reset. But what I positively don’t want is for all my devices to somehow become unpaired from the Vera 3 unit. Will performing a factory reset on the Vera 2 have any effect on the Vera 3’s network?

I think resetting the Z-Wave network on Vera will just default the Z-Wave database in the dongle/chip. (See also this doc.)

Possibly of more concern is powering up Vera 2, as she may start configuring your devices?

To be safe, I guess you could perform the reset of Vera 2 out of Z-Wave range (e.g. at work etc.).

I just this this the other when I was testing the rolling back and upgrading firmware on a Vera 2.
One of the Vera 2 were migrated to Vera 3. This is unit one I performed it on, so it was the same situation and conditions as described.

Reset factory defaults will not reset the z-wave dongle and therefore, must reset your z-wave network. This did not interfere with my Vera 3 configuration or any z-wave devices because it is only performing the reset on my Vera 2.

Well that worked :slight_smile:

Next question: I’d like to set up this Vera as a separate test unit on a separate MIOS account. Is it possible to unsign the unit from my current MIOS account? I didn’t find an option in UI% nor the MIOS page.

[quote=“intveltr, post:4, topic:172116”]Well that worked :slight_smile:

Next question: I’d like to set up this Vera as a separate test unit on a separate MIOS account. Is it possible to unsign the unit from my current MIOS account? I didn’t find an option in UI% nor the MIOS page.[/quote]

This is similiar to what I did for you to test your iPad connection but you can either leave it associated to your current account (allow quick switching between unit from with in the UI) or remove it after step three is completed.

1. Create the new account at mios.com IIRK you Must use a different email address.
  2. Goto ACCOUNT > Other Users Log in to you unit.
  3. Add the new user and save.
  4. You can now remove user If required.

Note: Once you logged into your unit, on the top left of your browser it displays the current unit name, if you have multiple units, if you click on this, it will display a drop down list of all your units and their current IP address.

That worked, cheers!